Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed in ksh scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in ksh scripting Post 302489132 by Rambo on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 02:28:32 PM
Old 01-19-2011
5) yes, you are right. Just we have archive logs in it.
1) For now just they want to view 2 days old archive log - JUST to SEE
2)How old the first archive log is? (In days)

---------- Post updated at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:24 PM ----------

Code:
 find . -type f -mtime +2 | ls -ltr
total 4
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba             96 Jan 13 18:06 2011_01_12
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba             96 Jan 16 05:59 2011_01_13
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba             96 Jan 16 05:59 2011_01_14
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba             96 Jan 16 05:59 2011_01_15
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba           1024 Jan 18 18:07 2011_01_17
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba             96 Jan 18 18:07 2011_01_16
drwxr-x---   2 oracle     dba           1024 Jan 18 20:20 2011_01_18

I should get list of 2 days old files, but I am getting this output

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

little scripting help needed!!

guys i need bit of help!! i am writing a script which finds files that have not been accessed for a no of days and delete those files...the no of days value is inputted at the command line.... i am using the following : find $1 -atime +7 -exec rm -i in the second step i want to copy all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vats
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh shell scripting

Hi all, i m new to Unix shell scripting(ksh) i have a requirement, can anyone help me out in this.. spec: i need to move all the files landing in "X" directory to "Y" directory automatically everyday at a particular time.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh scripting! Help Needed

Hello fellas or ladies. I am new on this site and new to the unix operating system. I have been working with UNIX and i love it so far, i learned some stuff and most of the beneficiary command but I need help renaming all the files in my directory and doing them one by one is just tiring.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keyboardkowboy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sh scripting! Help Needed

Hello fellas or ladies. I am new on this site and new to the unix operating system. I have been working with UNIX and i love it so far, i learned some stuff and most of the beneficiary command but I need help renaming all the files in my directory and doing them one by one is just tiring. is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboardkowboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting help needed.

I am trying to create a script to manipulate numerous file and at first I thought it would be a simple task but at this point i am ready to break my computer! I am new to unix scripting so hopefully someone out there thinks this is super easy and can help me out! A sample of the problem file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theqcup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with scripting.

Hello Friends, I am very new to scripting and currently have come across a situation where I need to create a UNIX script which would look for certain text in a file and then email me if it finds it. I am trying to trouble shoot an issue with our internet websites and I need to know when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Scripting needed

Hi, My task is to check the file test.txt every 15 min from Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM. We get this file from our mainframes, every 15 min it will update the same file. My task is to compare file timestamp with current system time stamp and check if the file is updated or not. If the file doesn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help needed

Hi All, I have a conf file and it has two entries seperated by comma, look like :- best1,ls /opt/bmc/Patrol3/*/best1 ......, ....................... In which "Best1" is the product name and "ls /opt/bmc/Patrol3/*/best1" is the way to find the product version of Best1 in that particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in scripting

Hi Guys, I need help in scripting out the below : this is a sample data i have in my file: jobname type 8:00:00 AM I need to remove the ":00" from the time field alone. Thanks in advance for all ur help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
8 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)