Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Qsub and printf
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Qsub and printf Post 302488468 by Shaderw on Monday 17th of January 2011 09:28:53 AM
Old 01-17-2011
Qsub and printf

Hello,

I have some issue with qsub and the standard output : I launch a script that "echoes" the string "abc" and then executes a C program in which I print informations with the printf function ; the .o file contains "abc" but not the information displayed by printf. I also tried fprintf(stdout, ...), but it didn't worked, I can't have access to the informations displayed by the task.

Does someone knows where the problem is and how can I solve it please ?

Best regard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub and Matlab

I am trying to run a Matlab function, file.m, with qsub. Here is a portion of my .sge file: echo Starting to run Matlab matlab -nojvm -nodesktop -r "file('${inputfile}');exit;" echo finished running Matlab The last two lines of the Matlab function are: disp('finished'); exit So my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laether
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem Running qsub multiple jobs

Hello, I have a perl script that takes in one file of input and outputs to a file. I would like to run this script on several input files, and I would like to run it with qsub, something like this: Input files: FileListDssp.txt.numaa FileListDssp.txt.numab FileListDssp.txt.numac etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub

Hey all, I have a binary file, named "exe1" that receives a parameter. (I don't have its source code). Executing "exe1" results in creating 3 output files. I have a bash script that runs "exe1". I want to enter "exe1" to cluster queue (using subq command) But i want to do it more than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elad2109
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set the SGE job execution order for nested qsub?

Dear All I am trying to write a script to set the SGE job execution order. I named each job with 'job1', 'job2' and 'job3'. I want my script to do: When 'job1' execution is complete, 'job2' is executed; when both 'job1' and 'job2' are complete, 'job3' is executed. First, I tried this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub in a bash script?

I was just wondering if it is permissible to qsub from a bash script as follows: #! /bin/sh echo "altering .txt in dir $DIR with retokenize.py" for f in $DIR/txt/*.txt; do echo $f; /l2/nlp/i2b2/retokenize.py < $f > ${f//.txt/.tok}; done echo "altering .tok in dir $DIR with awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcgb20
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collecting job id from qsub command

Hello. Hopefully this is the right forum, did a search and found some similar questions here. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get the job id while submitting a job using qsub. I want to monitor the list of active jobs using qstat and when my jobid is no longer on the active list, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeoleon88
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub equivalent of bsub command

"bsub -o /dev/null -P something -q normal -a optimize -n 1 -R \"rusage\ span\\" -J GUISETUP_${PID} \"dc_shell-t -f .dc_script_$job_index.tcl -output_log_file .dc_shell_$job_index.log \"" Can anybody please tell me the qsub equivalent for this command? ---------- Post updated at 06:48 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaudhary3031
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Submitting multiple qsub jobs

Hi all, Today, I want to ask how to submit multiple qsub jobs. I want to submit 100 .sh files for the simulations. The name of files is run_001.sh, run_002.sh, run_003.sh, ..... ..... run_100.sh Submitting each file manually are time-consuming, hence, I want to make another .sh file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syg3434
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Qsub + job array + while read; do; done

Linux Server Hi! just some help... I'm using a "Sun Grid Engine" with "qsub" In one hand I have this code while read -r H; do echo ${H}; done < list The number of the lines in the list file is 100. On the other hand I want to create a job array with the option -t echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Submit a qsub script SGE

Hello, I'm working on a SGE cluster and trying to echo the variables passed to the qsub command. My script is as follows #!/bin/bash #$ -V #$ -cwd #$ -pe make 10 if ; then echo "Variable is not set" else echo "Variable says: $StatedUserName" fi and I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies
CONDOR_QSUB(1)							   User Commands						    CONDOR_QSUB(1)

NAME
condor_qsub - minimalistic qsub emulation for Condor SYNOPSIS
condor_qsub [OPTIONS] [<command> [<command_args>]] DESCRIPTION
Minimalistic emulation of SGE's qsub for Condor. The primary purpose of this emulation is to allow SGE-style submission of dependent jobs without the need to specify the full dependency graph at submission time. This implementation is neither as efficient as Condor's DAGMan, nor as functional as SGE's qsub/qalter. It merely serves as a minimal adaptor to be able to use software original written to interact with SGE in a Condor pool. In general condor_qsub behaves just like qsub. However, only a fraction of the original functionality is available. The following list of options only describes the differences in the behavior of SGE's qsub and this emulation. Qsub options not listed here are not supported. OPTIONS
-b <y|n> If 'y', command and arguments given on the command line are wrapped into a shell script which is then submitted to Condor. --condor-keep-files This is a non-SGE option. If given, it will prevent condor_qsub from deleting temporary files (generated submit files, sentinel jobs). This is mostly useful for debugging. -cwd If given, this option will cause the 'initialdir' value in the Condor submit file to be set to the current directory. -e <filename|path> Name of the file to contain the STDERR output of the job. By default this will be job_name.ejob_id[.task_id]. If an existing direc- tory is specified, the file will be placed inside this directory using the default schema for the filename. -h,--help Print usage summary and option list. -hold_jid <jid> If given, the job will be submitted in 'hold' state. Along with the actual job a 'sentinel' job will be submitted to Condor's local universe. This sentinel watches the specified job and releases the submitted job whenever the job has completed. The sentinel observes SGE's behavior to detect job exiting with code 100 and not start depedent job in this case. If a cluster id of an array job is given the dependent job will only be released after all individual jobs of a cluster have completed. -l <ressource spec> This option is currently ignored. -m <a|e|n><...> SGE's notification labels will be translated (approximately) into Condor's notifications states (Never, Error, Complete). -M <email> Added as 'notify_user' to the submit file. -N <jobname> Determines the default name of logfile (stdout, stderr). -o <filename|path> See -e option, but for a job's stdout. -p <int> Added a 'priority' to the submit file. -r <y|n> This option is currently ignored. -S <shell> Path to a shell binary for script execution. -shell <y|n> This option is currently ignored. -t <start>[-<stop>[:<step>]] Task ID specification for array job submissions. -q <queue name> This option is permanently ignored, as Condor doesn't have multiple queues. -V If given, 'getenv = True' is added to the submit file. --version Print version information and exit. This script is released under the Apache V2.0 License. It was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>. condor_qsub 0.1 September 2012 CONDOR_QSUB(1)