Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doing own custom parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting doing own custom parameters Post 302488424 by wempy on Monday 17th of January 2011 05:48:28 AM
Old 01-17-2011
When you assign the string to the variable $rsync_param it will take the [bold]current[/bold] value of the variable $LOG_FILE, which may or may not be set (you haven't shown any context) so that when rsync comes to run it sees --log-file=
which would be a syntax error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Custom pam module

Does anyone know how to create a custom pam module for modifying the login authentication procedure? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhm4
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing ip in a custom way

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have e very special question. I have a Lunix server and I have installed Webmin on it. This way, I can create a login for an other user and give him restricted access to some custom commands I set up. One of the commands i would like to setup, is for him to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
9 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Custom nagios configuration

Hi, I want to configure nagios core with my own scripts.Default configuration has been done like ping,http,Root partition,..so on... But according to my requirement i have a script called cpumon.sh which will monitor the current cpu usage. I gone through below link but could not find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. Programming

Remote login UNIX box from java passing parameters to the custom script called in the profile

Hello Good Day / Guten Tag.... I have to login the server and the user profile contains some scripts which need the inputs to be taken from the keyboard. So I use the method to conn.authenticateWithKeyboardInteractive(username, new InteractiveCallback() { public String... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanalkumaran
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Report

Hi All, Am getting the raw report from the source and need to prepare the custom report as per the requirement. Requirement keep getting change according to the need. Raw data is as below /* ----------------- test_job_hu ----------------- */ insert_job: test_job_hu job_type: CMD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep84in
4 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)