Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting echo !SR | nc 255.255.2.2 80 - how to in XP? Post 302488269 by TonyG on Sunday 16th of January 2011 12:09:15 PM
Old 01-16-2011
Sincerest thanks Corona.

Excuse my ignorance, but is the echo important?

i.e. would
nc 255.255.2.2 80 work just as well

or is the echo an important part of the process?

Also, another section of the code uses the function stripcat e.g.
./stripcat union.txt
anyone know of this function? My preliminary search on google has proved unsuccessful.

Again - many thanks in advance.

Tony.

Last edited by TonyG; 01-16-2011 at 01:35 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

make[1] *** [libsupp.a] Error 255

I have searched google and these forums as well. I am trying to compile proftpd on a vanilla Solaris 10 server and I am getting an error when I try to 'make' Server - Solaris 10 update 4 Installed packages from sunfreeware.com autoconf-2.60-sol10-sparc-local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjsoladmin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Exit status 255 on sftp

HI guys When i try SFTP to a machine using a user account whose entry in /etc/passwd as follows user:x:8005:508::/export/home/user:/bin/false and i am not placed my keys over there i am using the password option in the sftp Since the keys are not there it ask for the password ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed limitation of 255 characters

Gurus, sed -e "s/\(.\{1,255\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this works sed -e "s/\(.\{1,468\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this does not It works only till 1,255 ( any number below 255 works) Any one know how to increase this limit. Thanks Sirababu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed 255 Character Limitation

Hello, I am using sed command to place a comma dynamically in certain positions. When the position variable exceeds 255 characters, it errors out. I would appreciate if someone can point in the correct direction sed 's/^\(.\{'"$pos"'\}\)./\1,/' ragha.txt > ragha3.txt If $pos > 255,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit Status 255, Connection closed in SFTP

I'm trying to connect from Server A to Server B to transfer files from A to B. I'm using NUID A1 in Server A and NUID A2 in Server B. I have done the following the steps to setup password-less login. 1. Add the public key of A1 in A to the Authorized keys of A2 in B. 2. Add the public key of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchid312
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Spliting a line after 255 characters.

Hi Guys, I have a file which contains multiple lines. I need to split each line 255 characters and then I need to add call statement in the front and semi colon at the end. I/P: call sp_rebuildindex('aaa.aaa','column column column column column column column column column column ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
4 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)