Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Replacing dates]] with (dates)]] Post 302488086 by lawstudent on Friday 14th of January 2011 10:36:09 PM
Old 01-14-2011
Replacing dates]] with (dates)]]

Hi guys,

For my wiki site I need to fix 1400 pages that use the wrong date format, most pages (not all) use eg. 1988]] I need to change that to (1988)]]

The date range goes back to 1400 so I guess I need to do the following

ssh into my server,
dump mysql database
vi .sql dump
search and replace string
restore new .sql
voila

My request here is, can someone place write the search and replace string for this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates...

Hi All, Wish you a Happy New year... I have to find the difference between two dates, the result should be the number of days. I have seen the "datecalc" function. Its good, can I have any other alternative. Thanks in Advance Raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Programming

Dates in C

Hello, I am working on a program in C and need to read, write and manage Dates (YYY-MM-DD HH:MM). I have made my own version of a structure to store the date data and something else. Do you recommend me to use the time.h library? In such case, is it worthwhile to have an structure containing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ister
1 Replies

4. Programming

SQL: find if a set od dates falls in another set of dates

Don't know if it is important: Debian Linux / MySQL 5.1 I have a table: media_id int(8) group_id int(8) type_id int(8) expiration date start date cust_id int(8) num_runs int(8) preferred_time int(8) edit_date timestamp ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating dates between two dates

HI, i have row like this HHH100037440313438961000201001012012073110220002 N in this i have 2 dates in pos 25-32 and 33-40 , so based upon the se two dates , i need to generated records between these two values so in the above record 20100101 and 20120731 need to genearte rows like this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathishsr
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the Missing dates between two dates in the table?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh ... I have a Table called date select * from date ; Date 01/02/2013 06/02/2013 I need the output as Missing Date 01/02/2013 02/02/2013 03/02/2013 04/02/2013 05/02/2013 06/02/2013 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get dates between two dates?

HI, to my shell script i pass two parameters date1 and date2 is there any way to get all dates betwen these two dates? if i pass 20130714 and 20130717 i need to get below dates 20130715 20130716 is it possible. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulab
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the Dates in a file

Hello Gurus, I'm beginner in Shell scripting. I got a requirement to write a script. I have a file with below (similar) content If you can observe above content, there are many date values existed (with different dates) in a format: ddMonyyyy I have to write replace all these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display dates between two dates

Hi All, I have 2 dates in mm/dd format. sdate=10/01 (October 01) edate=10/10 (October 10) I need the dates in between these 2 dates like below. 10/01 10/02 10/03 10/04 10/05 10/06 10/07 10/08 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
1 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)