Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers require detailed description for df -k command Post 302487939 by shooter on Friday 14th of January 2011 07:34:52 AM
Old 01-14-2011
Question require detailed description for df -k command

Hi,

I have used df -k always just to check the % of disk space left.

Recently i discovered that the sum availabl space and used space is not equal to 1K-blocks.

Can anyone explain me the reason for this difference.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Command to require OS info

Hi, I am new to UNIX environment. Can anybody tell me how can I check whether my OS is 32bit or 64bit? Regards, Malay Mary (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require help about cut command

hi, im trying to cut the file using cut command in unix . the problem is i want to input the chacter list from another file and then using the postioins specified in this file i want to cut another file. for eg. cut -c(here i want to use a list being read from a file) listdata(this is the file i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramchots
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Please tell me the Detailed Booting procedure of Solaris 8

Can anyone explain me the detailed booting procedure on Solaris 2.8 Regards, Max29583 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

require alternate command for lsof

Using lsof command i can find out which process-id is associated with the port. lsof -i :51000 . But as part of process i cant have lsof in the server. I am using sun solaris 8 and only kshell. Is there a way to find out which process is using the above port. as of now i am gettn port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: logic0
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Command Doesn't Show Description

im making c code in linux and im having problems with one command, id should bring up a list but instead id doesnt do nothing, there are no error's, can anyone solve whats wrong ? void environ() { extern char **environ; int i=0; for (i = 0; environ !=NULL;i++) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figureout
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Description using last command

Hello Experts, I need the description (like if user has done sudo,logging from winscp termial or ssh from other machine) using the last command.Can someone help me out please. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting detailed error from sql script

Hello, I have a main.sql file which runs around 5-6 .sql files and each .sql file is spooling it in separate text file. In my shell script I am appending main.sql to one of my log file but I am not able to get detailed error if anything fails from those 5-6 .sql files. Those errors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp92
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Description of the option print0 in the command find (man page)

This is the description of the option -print0 fon the command find in the man page: What does the "True" in the first line of the description mean? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertas12
3 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_001 - compute check digits for ISBN, ISSN, VAT RN (PT), HKID (HK), Wagon number (BR), NHS (GB), VAT (SL) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $isbn = CheckDigits('isbn'); if ($isbn->is_valid('3-88229-192-3')) { # do something } $cn = $isbn->complete('3-88229-192-'); # $cn = '3-88229-192-3' $cd = $isbn->checkdigit('3-88229-192-3'); # $cd = '3' $bn = $isbn->basenumber('3-88229-192-3'); # $bn = '3-88229-192-' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. The sequence of digits is processed right to left. Every digit is multiplied with their position in the sequence (i.e. the digit left to the check digit has the weight 2 then 3 etc.). With a Hongkong ID (hkid) the leftmost char is replaced with its position in the alphabet and then multiplied with 8 (its weight). 2. The sum of all products is computed. 3. The sum of step 2 is taken modulo 11. 4. The checkdigit is the difference of the sum from step 3 to eleven under the following conditions: isbn,issn If the difference is 10, the check digit is 'X'. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. ustid_pt If the difference is greater then 9, the check digit is '0'. hkid If the difference is 10, the check digit is 'A'. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. wagonnr_br If the difference is 10, the check digit is 0. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 1. nhs_gb If the difference is 10, the number would not be taken. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. vat_sl This is a little bit unclear, don't trust on the method for this type. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)