Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send command and respond to prompt Post 302487919 by Tytalus on Friday 14th of January 2011 05:25:39 AM
Old 01-14-2011
expect is probably what you're looking for
e.g .

Expect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any way to use SU command without prompt for password

Hi, First i want to tell you i am not a administrator and everytime to run a sqlscritpt i have to login as SU in a particular account to connect to sqlplus.. I want to write a script which can make me free by doin this .. since i am having the permission for SU i want to know if i can SUDO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
7 Replies

2. Programming

How do I send email from command prompt?

hi all How do I send email from command prompt? i tried this # mutt -s "Test mail" -a /root/Desktop/email1.txt XXXXX@yahoo.co.in < /root/Desktop/email.txt Error sending message, child exited 71 (Operating system error.). Segmentation fault # and also root@localhost ~]# /bin/mail -s "what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
0 Replies

3. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Command Prompt

Hi does anyone know know how to find out the password on a vista pc using command prompt /cmd not change it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popo123456789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

autosys command(autorep) from command prompt

Hi, I am using AUTOSYS GUI based tool. But I want to get the job status from the UNIX command prompt. 1. I want to execute only autorep command in the UNIX command prompt. If need to execute this command what are the settings need to do that. 2. Is it possible for executing this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

[Template] Send SMTP email with Visual Basic Script (vbs) from Command Prompt using CDO

This is a script in visual basic that basically sends an email from an existing account, in this case the example is provided for live.com. It uses CDO (Collaboration Data Objects). All you need to do is replace the fields with the proper information. The email is send from Command Prompt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command prompt

Hi All, Even changing .bash_profile, i am getting only $ as command prompt. My bash profile looks like this. PS1=" $ " stty columns 200 set -o vi if i run bash command and run PS1=" $ " then it is working as expected. $ bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)