Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does this statement of code mean..... Post 302487447 by phoenix_nebula on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 01:10:11 PM
Old 01-12-2011
Code:
cat tmp\\*.log | c:\\wbin\\sort.exe -k 3 -r

Its combining all the tmp log files and the output of them is sorted by the 3rd column in reverse order.
Smilie good luck with dis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code checking for all values in the same if statement.

I am trying to set up a variable based on the name of the file. function script_name { if then job_name='MONITOR' return job_name; elsif then job_name='VERSION' return job_name fi } for i in `ls *log` do script_name $i done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
4 Replies

2. Programming

What does this statement mean?

If I declare a structure as: typedef struct { int id; void* ptr; int size; } kpage_t; And then use this to do some initialization... *((kpage_t**)page->ptr) = page; What exactly is being done? I have some trouble with pointers here... :( And if there's a macro... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Legend986
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

for statement

removed the link due to some issues and i got the information i needed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement code syntax

Hi, can someone please tell me what is wrong with this code? I just want it to check if the file size is greater than 2000kb. if Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:21 PM ---------- I should probably post the full code: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengel
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a return code in an if statement?

Hi all, After so many tries and searching online for ideas, I had trouble accomplishing this. Is it possible to do something like this in KSH to run an if statement on a return code? Unfortunately the code below fails... Would anyone know how to fix the below attempt? if "$`{pkginfo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Statement

${PFILE}.backupfile Please tell me what the above statement means? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error code with if statement

hello all im new to unix and when i use below script i get an error : #! /bin/bash Echo -e "enter the name of the file : \c" read file_name if then echo "$file_name found" else echo "$file_name not found" fi running the script i get below error : $ ./hello (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahims1
26 Replies
xfs_estimate(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_estimate(8)

NAME
xfs_estimate - estimate the space that an XFS filesystem will take SYNOPSIS
xfs_estimate [ -h ] [ -b blocksize ] [ -i logsize ] [ -e logsize ] [ -v ] directory ... xfs_estimate -V DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, xfs_estimate estimates the space that directory would take if it were copied to an XFS filesystem. xfs_esti- mate does not cross mount points. The following definitions are used: KB = *1024 MB = *1024*1024 GB = *1024*1024*1024 The xfs_estimate options are: -b blocksize Use blocksize instead of the default blocksize of 4096 bytes. The modifier k can be used after the number to indicate multiplica- tion by 1024. For example, xfs_estimate -b 64k / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using a blocksize of 64K (65536) bytes. -v Display more information, formatted. -h Display usage message. -i, -e logsize Use logsize instead of the default log size of 1000 blocks. -i refers to an internal log, while -e refers to an external log. The modifiers k or m can be used after the number to indicate multiplication by 1024 or 1048576, respectively. For example, xfs_estimate -i 1m / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using an internal log of 1 megabyte. -V Print the version number and exits. EXAMPLES
% xfs_estimate -e 10m /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 4.2 megabytes with the external log using 2560 blocks or about 10.0 megabytes % xfs_estimate -v -e 10m /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 792 4.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate -v /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 3352 14.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 14.0 megabytes xfs_estimate(8)