Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SVM Problem Regarding /var
Operating Systems Solaris SVM Problem Regarding /var Post 302487289 by Solarister on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 01:06:09 AM
Old 01-12-2011
Confusion and confusion!

You said /var is not a metadevice in your setup. But in your vfstab output, /var is a metadevice (d3). And your problem has arised from /var confusion. Do a cross check on vfstab entry for /var (it might have been erratically updated in vfstab as metadevice, d3, while /var actually being a block device), it could be a cause your prob.

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store command in a Var problem

Hi! I strated to script since 1 month and I don't have much expirience but this thing here is strange I have a script where I want to store a svn command in a var to check it later so it's like this #!/bin/sh list=`ssh itadmin@192.168.1.200 "ls /home/svn"` # this stores the list of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem regarding Sed/Echo/Var Init

Greetings, I've visited this forums for a long time and normally got an right answer but this time my problem doesn't seem to go away. What I'm trying to do is the following: VAR="\n\nline1\nline2\nline3\nline4\nline5\nline6\nline7\n\n" (The count of newlines is varying!) If I echo this i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph1l
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket problem

Hello, i have a problem. i have a domain name hosted on a server and it goes very slow and sometimes down. I looked on the processes running and on the netstat status and i discovered that each time there is a slowness or a downtime is caused by: /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket many of these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan8354544
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Facing Problem with metaset in SVM

hi all, i am using solaris 5.10 on sun blade 150 and i am trying to configure diskset in sun volume manager. When i fire the following command, it says some rpc related error. bash-3.00# metaset -s kingston -a -h u15_9 metaset: u15_9: metad client create: RPC: Program not registered how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM Solaris 8 Problem. Metastat output looping

Hi friends, I'm newbie to SVM. Just wanna try installed it on one of our server (to do mirroring for disk0 and disk1) but i think im lost until now. :( the steps i've taken is as below:- 1.prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2 2.metadb -a -c 3 -f c1t0d0s7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kronenose
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk problem? from /var/adm/messages

Hi all, I got the following error message from solaris 10 system. Security Violations =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Jun 1 01:48:21 unix009 scsi: ASC: 0x44 (internal target failure), ASCQ: 0x0, FRU: 0xbc The following are from /var/adm/messages Jun 1 01:48:21 unix009 scsi: WARNING:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

problem with /var/mail directory

Hi, There is no "administrator" file in "/var/mail" directory........ can any one tell me what could be the reason for that?...and also how to resolve that??? Thanks, ~Kavi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
4 Replies

9. Solaris

svm implementation problem

hi all please help me with the following i am new to solaris i want to umount /test mount point and make it 8gb each i.e. /test1 and /test2 and using SVM wants to make RAID5 bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem in SVM after live upgrade

Hi I am new to live upgrade. I would like to tell you about my new setup, where my boot disk(c0d0) is mirrored with secondary disk(c0d1). I have remove the secondary whole disk(C0d1) from the mirror, so that I can do live upgrade on this secondary disk. I have done live upgrade on s0 partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies
MSVMOCAS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MSVMOCAS(1)

NAME
msvmocas - train a multi-class linear SVM classifier SYNOPSIS
msvmocas [options] example_file model_file DESCRIPTION
msvmocas is a program that trains a multi-class linear SVM classifier using the Optimized Cutting Plane Algorithm for Support Vector Machines (OCAS) and produces a model file. example_file is a file with training examples in SVM^light format, and model_file is the file in which to store the learned linear rule f(x)=W'*x. model_file contains M columns and D lines, where M is the number of classes and D the number of dimensions, corresponding to the elements of the matrix W [D x M]. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. General options: -h Show summary of options. -v (0|1) Set the verbosity level (default: 1) Learning options: -c float Regularization constant C. (default: 1) -n integer Use only the first integer examples for training. By default, integer equals the number of examples in example_file. Optimization options: -m (0|1) Solver to be used: 0 ... standard cutting plane (equivalent to BMRM, SVM^perf) 1 ... OCAS (default) -s integer Cache size for cutting planes. (default: 2000) Stopping conditions: -a float Absolute tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= TolAbs. (default: 0) -r float Relative tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= abs(QP)*TolRel. (default: 0.01) -q float Desired objective value QPValue: halt is QP <= QPValue. (default: 0) -t float Halts if the solver time (loading time is not counted) exceeds the time given in seconds. (default: infinity) EXAMPLES
Train the multi-class SVM classifier from example file example4_train.light, with the regularization constant C=10, verbosity switched off, and save model to msvmocas.model: msvmocas -c 10 -v 0 example4_train.light msvmocas.model Compute the testing error of the classifier stored in msvmocas.model with linclass(1) using testing examples from example4_test.light and save the predicted labels to example4_test.pred: linclass -e -o example4_test.pred example4_test.light msvmocas.model SEE ALSO
svmocas(1), linclass(1). AUTHORS
msvmocas was written by Vojtech Franc <xfrancv@cmp.felk.cvut.cz> and Soeren Sonnenburg <Soeren.Sonnenburg@tu-berlin.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 16, 2010 MSVMOCAS(1)