Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect debug output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect debug output Post 302487226 by cjcox on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 06:15:12 PM
Old 01-11-2011
We run ooffice headless. We created an init script that uses sudo (with NOPASSWD) to become the user to run it as.
Code:
/usr/bin/sudo -b -H -i -u someuser $soffice_BIN -headless -accept='socket,port=8100;urp;' &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easiest way to send output to a debug file?

I have this in my script: DEBUG_DIR=/log/rotate_output DEBUGLOG=${DEBUG_DIR}/rotate.${TIMESTAMP} SERVER_FILE_LIST="\ wasint0206 /logs/squid_backup wasint0201 /logs/squid_backup" /usr/bin/echo "${SERVER_FILE_LIST}" | while read SERVER DIRECTORY do cd /log/squid_logs/${SERVER}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the output from EXPECT ?

I'm using expect script, but don't know how to assign an output to a string variable. Any help ? Thank you for reading! PS: In fact i want to get the out put of expect when run grub-md5-crypt to generate MD5 password for GRUB boot loader. My code:#!/bin/sh #\ exec expect -f "$0" ${1+"$@"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use output of c programme in expect

hi i am having a c code which gives the output of my password in text format i.e when i run my c code which which gives the password asfollows====>>>>>> $./passwdprogram ======>>>>>>abc@123(this is the output) now i have an expect script to remotely ssh which uses the password set in ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - Interact output hangs when large output

Hello, I have a simple expect script I use to ssh to a workstation. I then pass control over to the user with interact. This script works fine on my HP and Mac, but on my Linux Desktop, I get a problem where the terminal hangs when ever I execute a command in the interact session that requires a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natedog
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server

Hello everyone, I have a small expect script as follows; #!/usr/bin/expect -f set force_conservative 0 ;# set to 1 to force conservative mode even if ;# script wasn't run conservatively originally if {$force_conservative} { set send_slow {1 .1} proc send {ignore arg}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randeel
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want ro capture the debug in output file

I want to capture the debug for the below command in output file . i tried like this but its not working: sh -xv <scriptname> >> output.log i want the output in a log file. Anyone plz help in this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakkaravarthy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect doesn't output the logs

(qemu) migrate -d tcp:192.168.122.1:4444 (qemu) info migrate capabilities: xbzrle: off Migration status: completed total time: 4425 milliseconds downtime: 3 milliseconds transferred ram: 130338 kbytes remaining ram: 0 kbytes total ram: 1057152 kbytes duplicate: 232613 pages normal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help capturing output of expect script

match_max 500000 set timeout 30 set outcome1 {} set outcome2 {} set inputfile C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\inputfile.txt send -i $con "\r"; expect -i $con "Desktop>" { exp_send "type $inputfile \r" } set timeout 30 expect { "Desktop>" { set outcome $expect_out(0,string);}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityprince143
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep output in an expect script?

Hi, I am using expect to ssh to a remote host and run a program on the remote machine which has a variable runtime. I need to wait until it finishes so I can grab the output file of this program. I am trying to use the output of grep to know when the process finishes. I am trying to capture... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagabond1964
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Not Seeing Output from While Loop

I know something simple is missing here, "log_user 1" is set . . . after this utility opens ${InFile} (handle? for IntInFile) it needs to look for something to appear in the file ${IntInFile} and then send it to the spawned process. Then I am locking the file ${IntInFile} and clearing it out -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuanMatteo
0 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)