Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to do validation the input requirement with if/else Post 302487062 by methyl on Tuesday 11th of January 2011 09:13:25 AM
Old 01-11-2011
There are several more issues in the script.

The first line says it is a "ksh" script. The "set" syntax is from "csh" and will not work with "ksh".

The last "echo" should be after the "EOF" line because it is a unix command not an Oracle command.
The script assumes that "${ORACLE_HOME}" is already set and that "sqlplus" can be found in "${PATH}".
I can't comment on your Oracle commands or environment.

Assuming you are actually writing the script in "ksh":

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
HSC="$1"
SEX="$2"
export ORACLE_SID="AFISDB"

if [ $# -ne 2 ]
then
     echo "Usage `basename $0` HSC SEX"
     exit
fi

date > modify_gender_trace.txt
echo "Modifying Gender for HSC: $HSC to Gender : $SEX"

sqlplus fldadmin/fld << EOF >> modify_gender_trace.txt
update JPN_DATA set SEX='$SEX' where JPN_DATA_ID in (
select JPN_DATA_ID from JPN_DATA_LINK where REPRESENTATION_ID in
(select REPRESENTATION_ID from DPI_PERSON_REPRESENTATION where PIN='$HSC'));
commit;
quit
EOF
echo "Successfully Commited" >> modify_gender_trace.txt

This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input validation ?

I am trying to validate user input, at the moment what i have is as below :- echo "\n\tPlease, enter package name to import: \c" read PACKAGE So far this works perfect , But if the user does not input any thing it stalls :( What I need is, If the user does not enter the name of the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line user input validation

Hi guys, I have a piece of snippet below which asks the user to input some numbers if isDatasubEnabled && isReconEnabled; then echo "1 = CGT, 2 = Subscriber, 3 = Order Monitor, 4 = Revaluations, 5 = Reconciliation, 6 = All, 7 = Exit" elif isDatasubEnabled &&... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Validation of comma separated values

Hello all, I am working on a script and have the first part solved of numerical input validation. Below the code validates that the input is a numerical value between 100 and 1000. If not, it errors out. Now I need to be able to read values separated by a comma. For example, instead of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input validation of file

Hi, I'm trying to do input validation for a file. If the user fails to enter a file name, the script should prompt for the file name or exit. I'm using this script to integrate with a bigger script which does ftp of the files which are "read". #!/bin/ksh echo "enter a file name" if then... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: How to improve with minimal validation of its input??

The Code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Please enter numbers, separated by commas: "; my $data=<STDIN>; chomp $data; my @dataset=split(/,/, $data); my $sum = 0; foreach my $num (@dataset) { $sum += $num; } my $total_nums = scalar(@dataset); my $mean =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Validation in user input in batch script

I need to insert the validation in my batch script.When user enter the value it should be numeric+minimum length should be 2 for e.g. 02,03 if he puts 1a,1A,2a3 t hen should print the message that it is wrong and print te message enter valid value. Echo RC is in format of 02 set /p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Put the numeric validation in user input when value is 5.1.2.3

Hi I need to put the validation in batch script when user will enter the build number it should be numeric.I can put the validation for numeric values but there is .(dot) in number so it would not take it as numeric. Is it possible we can store it in variable and remove the .(dot) from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input Email ID Validation

Hi Experts, I've a script where users will input the email id. I want to loop the script until the user enter proper email id. Its validating for all condition and error out if any wrong data, but for one condition alone its not erroring out. Capture_EmailID() { echo -e "Please Enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)