Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL : Bind 2D array to SQL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL : Bind 2D array to SQL Post 302486846 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of January 2011 12:24:48 PM
Old 01-10-2011
Are we in Oracle? I am a bit rusty.

I remember casting java arrays as tables and doing insert into target-matching-staging-table select * from array-table.

You may have to be per-column explicit:
Code:
FORALL i IN 1 .. count insert into table_name ( column_a, column_b, ... ) values ( array[i][1], array[i][2], ... );

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl DBI - Bind Parameters Problem

I have a SQL statement that includes a UNION that I can't get to work when I bind the parameters. (I am binding the parameters to prevent SQL injection.) Does anybody have any suggestion on how I can use a SQL statement that includes a UNION and bind the params? Code would be something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sql variable as array index

hi folks i am facing problom while trying to access sql variable as array index ina unix shell script....script goes as below.. #!/bin/ksh MAX=3 for elem in alpha beeta gaama do arr=$elem ((x=x+1)) Done SQL_SERVER='servername' /apps/sun5/utils/sqsh -S $SQL_SERVER -U user -P pwd -b -h... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : SQL array bind issue while grouping

Hi, I have an array of strings. Each string has 4 comma separated values. I am binding this array to a SQL where I am required to do an INSERT after grouping. The binding is done as : $insertADWSth->bind_param_array(1,A_CONSTANT_STRING);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on bind param function in perl

Hi, I want to know what exactly bind paameter does? what exactly bind_param( 1, $siteName ) means? what 1 means? In some examples the bind_param is set like this: bind_param( 2, $siteName1 ) bind_param( 3, $siteName2 ) $sth = $dbh->prepare( " SELECT name,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Perl - Detect several file to be in one array

Hi everyone I have one question about using array in perl. let say I have several log file in one folder.. example test1.log test2.log test3.log and the list goes on.. how to make an array for this file? It suppose to detect log file in the current directory and all the log file will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQL database call into Multidimensional Array using Perl Script

#!/usr/local/bin/perl use DBI; use File::Copy; use Time::Local; use Data::Dumper; -Comments Describing what I'm doing-------------- -I'm pulling information from a database that has an ID and Name. They are separated by a space and I'm trying to load them into a multidimensional array so as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eazyeddie22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using unix array in sql

Hi all, I have declared an array in unix as below. #!/bin/ksh arr=() for i in {0..4} do arr=$i; done. i want to insert these array variables into the oracle table.can you guys please help me in doing this. my code is as below. value=`sqlplus -s fos/fos << EOF begin for j in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mukta
10 Replies
SAVEPOINT(7)							   SQL Commands 						      SAVEPOINT(7)

NAME
SAVEPOINT - define a new savepoint within the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SAVEPOINT savepoint_name DESCRIPTION
SAVEPOINT establishes a new savepoint within the current transaction. A savepoint is a special mark inside a transaction that allows all commands that are executed after it was established to be rolled back, restoring the transaction state to what it was at the time of the savepoint. PARAMETERS
savepoint_name The name to give to the new savepoint. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [rollback_to_savepoint(7)] to rollback to a savepoint. Use RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)] to destroy a savepoint, keeping the effects of commands executed after it was established. Savepoints can only be established when inside a transaction block. There can be multiple savepoints defined within a transaction. EXAMPLES
To establish a savepoint and later undo the effects of all commands executed after it was established: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (1); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (2); ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); COMMIT; The above transaction will insert the values 1 and 3, but not 2. To establish and later destroy a savepoint: BEGIN; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (3); SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; INSERT INTO table1 VALUES (4); RELEASE SAVEPOINT my_savepoint; COMMIT; The above transaction will insert both 3 and 4. COMPATIBILITY
SQL requires a savepoint to be destroyed automatically when another savepoint with the same name is established. In PostgreSQL, the old savepoint is kept, though only the more recent one will be used when rolling back or releasing. (Releasing the newer savepoint will cause the older one to again become accessible to ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT and RELEASE SAVEPOINT.) Otherwise, SAVEPOINT is fully SQL conforming. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], RELEASE SAVEPOINT [release_savepoint(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT [roll- back_to_savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SAVEPOINT(7)