Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run chage as not root ?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Run chage as not root ? Post 302486420 by vilius on Saturday 8th of January 2011 12:10:40 PM
Old 01-08-2011
Ok, thanks sudo does the job!

Vilius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RUN OUT SPACE (Root)

Dear Buddies, Plz Help me out ,,,,,, the Unix Servers i m working on ,,,Somes times run out of space in root ,,,due the generation of a file named STA ....which causes the system to crash ,,,,, plz hlp me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to find out the file ....generation causes ...... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command as root

Hi, i need to run a command as root.Whoever executes the command ,i will check for a particular role if that is satisfied i have to make it to run as root. Please help me to carry out this. Thanks Padmini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padmisri
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Route in bash without as root

Hi friends, I will make a bash script for excecuted a route (My OS is Ubuntu 10.04) this is my script (with name mine.sh) #!/bin/bash route add -net 192.168.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 192.168.1.1 if I run this bash as root, i can run it.. root@venom-desktop:/home/venom#sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venom
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to chage the date format

Hi All, I want chage the date value YYMM to YYYYMM in my script. I am trying, but not get it. Eg: 1109 changed to 201109. $(if ] then echo "1" else echo "update_month<=$ARCHIVE_DT" fi) Through above i got "update_month<=1109" in else, but i must get it "update_month<=201109" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run a bash script that logs on as a non-root user and runs script as root

So I have a script that runs as a non-root user, lets say the username is 'xymon' . This script needs to log on to a remote system as a non-root user also and call up a bash script that runs another bash script as root. in short: user xymon on system A needs to run a file as root user and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

chage -d equivalent

Hello all, I was wondering if there was a LINUX command equivalent of 'chage -d' on for the following UNIX flavors: HP-UX Solaris AIX I want to be able to change the aging for an account on each system without inadvertently expiring an account that is like with the "/bin/passwd -x" or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can't run mkdir even as root please help

I cannot mkdir as root please see below # mkdir /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs': Permission deniedso i checked the selinux context below and got # ls -Z /home/vm1 drwxrwxrwx. root root system_u:object_r:autofs_t:s0 Desktop drwxr-xr-x. vm1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
10 Replies

10. Linux

RHEL 6.3 - chage command not redirecting the output to console.

When i am issuing chage command, it reporting the output properly. But when i redirect the output, i am not getting the output in the mentioned path. chage -l root >> /tmp/chage.txt. I need to use this into the script to capture the data. I think its seems to be bug with RHEL 6.3. Same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini.rk1983
3 Replies
mtailrc(5)							   User Manuals 							mtailrc(5)

NAME
mtailrc - Configuration file for monkeytail DESCRIPTION
A monkeytail configuration uses Apache-style syntax to declare "groups" of files to be tailed. Best explained with an example: <group testgroup> prefix 'server2: ' sudo yes <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log prefix 'server1: ' host server1.example.com </file> <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log host server2.example.com sudo no </file> </group> OPTIONS
All options can be either put inside a group or file block. Options inside a file block override those in the group block. filename filename filename defines the filename for this block. host remote-host (optional) host defines that this block's file is to be tailed on a remote server. sudo yes|no|1|0 sudo is a boolean specifying whether this file should be tailed as root. This option is supported for both local and remote files (in both cases you will potentially be prompted for your password). prefix "string: " prefix allows you to specify a short string that will be prepended to every line that is displayed for that given file. FILES
~/.mtailrc - user specific monkeytail config SEE ALSO
mtail(1), tail(1) AUTHOR
Martyn Smith <martyn@dollyfish.net.nz> mtail May 2008 mtailrc(5)