Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C shell: Working with lists
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C shell: Working with lists Post 302486240 by lapiduslost on Friday 7th of January 2011 01:09:50 PM
Old 01-07-2011
thank you! The script is running and the output is in desired format. Your wonderful help is very much appreciated!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check lists for Unix Shell Programming

Hi all, Can anyone provide me any checklists or a list of steps I should follow before executing my scripts. Could also tell me if there are any other standards to be followed while shell programming like naming conventions for variables etc. Your help would be much appreciated. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_ksv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to concatenate lists together

Below is a description of what im trying to achieve: Write a shell script to concatenate lists together, and output the resulting list. Do not include any argument that is a sub-list of the entire list. (The script will clean the list of any redundant items.) You must preserve the original order... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rfourn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if -z not working in SH shell

Hello all, Any idea how to check whether a variable holding null value or not. if -z option works fine in bash, where as it is not working in sh. bash-3.00$ sh $ TEST= $ if ; then > echo "Null" > else > echo "Not null" > fi sh: test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which Shell I'm working?

Hi, I'm using FreeBSD 6. I want to know which Shell I'm using. So I gave the command: -sh-3.1$ ps -p $$ PID TTY TIME CMD 15547 pts/1 00:00:00 sh Which shell is "sh"? Is it C Shell or Bourne Shell or Korn Shell? Also, are Bourne & Korn shell one and the same or are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freephoneid
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing lists of integers in 1d files with bash shell

Hi, I need a script that will: 1. Go through about 20 different folders, each containing about 20 1d files. The 1d files go something like this: 22.253 37.707 78.117 112.374 127.944 156.067 180.956 233.785 249.256 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac130pilot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that lists files with different owner than the folder

Hello, I'm trying to write a script which is listing files based on different preferences, like filetype or permissions. All is fine, except for one: I want to list files in /home which has a different owner than the home directory it is in. Here is an example: /home/UserA is the directory, and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zwiebi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

C-Shell!! Please help...cannot get it working...

Dear Friends, I am trying to get a script in c-shell working but no way! I don't know why but on my mac was working and now on linux is not! Basically the script should accept a root_file_name and work in batch on files. This is the script: #!/bin/csh -fn setenv IMAGIC_BATCH 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandrake83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

• Write a shell script that upon invocation shows the time and date and lists all the logged-in user

help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
1 Replies
EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)					      System Manager's Manual						EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)

NAME
exim_convert4r4 - Convert Exim configuration from v3 to v4 format SYNOPSIS
exim_convert4r4 DESCRIPTION
This script is provided to assist in updating Exim configuration files. It reads an Exim 3 configuration file on the standard input, and writes a modified file on the standard output. It also writes comments about what it has done to the standard error file. It assumes that the input is a valid Exim 3 configuration file. A typical call to the conversion script might be exim_convert4r4 < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.new The output file MUST be checked and tested before trying to use it on a live system. The conversion script is just an aid which does a lot of the "grunt work". It does not guarantee to produce an Exim 4 configuration that behaves exactly the same as the Exim 3 configuration it reads. Each option change in the new file is preceded by an identifying comment. In fact, the conversion script tends to make quite a mess of your configuration, and you should expect to go through it afterwards and tidy it up by hand. Unless you are running a very straightforward configuration, the automatic conversion is likely to generate a non-optimal configuration. You should not only check it thoroughly, but also run as many tests as you can, to ensure that it is working as you expect. In particular, you should test address routing, using -bt and -bv, and the policy controls, using -bh. If possible, you should also do some live tests (i.e. send and receive some messages) before putting Exim 4 into service. If you have a very complicated configuration, it is possible that exim_convert4r4 will break it in some situations, which is why thorough testing is strongly recommended. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), the files in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/, especially Exim4.upgrade.gz AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from Exim4.upgrade by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)