Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Renaming Multiple Files that have variables in the name Post 302486230 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of January 2011 12:50:49 PM
Old 01-07-2011
The sed y command can do tr sorts of things. However, case is a lower-functionality area in sed and regex, IMHO. Being a character transformer, tr is very robust except for null, since the transform arguments are null terminated strings.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming multiple files

Hi to everyone!!. Here's my stupid question of the day. When I have to rename a file I use "mv filename newfilename". But what about renaming multiple files, for example if I want to add the prefix "old" to several image files (in fact it's what I wanted to do..). Thanks in advance.... :D (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming multiple files

Help! I was trying to rename multiple files. Like in DOS, i decided to use wildcards and now i am missing some files. Any ideas on how to recover them? Or find out where the files went? I had these 3 files resume1.log elecresume.log compresume.log The command I ran was mv *.log *.log.bak... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmayur
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files

hi, I've a machine running RHEL3,kernel version 2.4. i need to rename multiple files under one directory as follows: ls demo.c demo.S demo-1243.sw demo.xyz and now i need to replace the occurrence of demo with demo_1 for each of the above file. the tedious way is to go ahead and do mv on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Multiple files

Hi All my dear friends I had multiple files in my directory with .pcv and .sqv extn I want to rename all .pcv files with .pc extn and all .sqv files with .sql extn Please help me out.:eek::mad::rolleyes: e.g. /trimsbld/users/dhirens/scripts/newfolder==>ll -rt total 2856 -rwxr-xr-x 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhiren_shah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files

Hi, I have several hundred files I need to rename, and I'm would rather not hit F2 for each file individually to rename them. Example of file: large1961.jpg What I need the file to be renamed as: 1961.jpg I don't know what type of command I can execute within a shell script that would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayell
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming multiple files

Hi, Can we rename multiples files using find or awk utility? Now I am doing it using for loop and getting the file name and in side the loop using the mv command. Like ine need t rename all txt files to doc file. For example a1.txt => a1.doc a2.txt => a2.doc a3.txt => a3.doc myfile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files

I have 34 file in a directory that all have different names, however, they do have 1 pattern in commmon. They all have "-10-11-2010" date format in the name. I want to replace the date in the file name with a supplied date or maybe even the system date. I am sure I will be using awk or sed to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Multiple files

Hello, I have multiple files that I want to change the names to. Let's say for example that I want to rename all the files in the left column to the names in the right column: What would be the easiest way to go about doing this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem renaming files using variables

Hi, I have the following problem: I have a list of files: 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt Then I have a list of variable names inside variable.txt: A B C D I'd like to rename 1.txt, 2.txt etc using the variables from variable.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies
clags2.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clags2.f(3)

NAME
clags2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clags2 (UPPER, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, CSU, SNU, CSV, SNV, CSQ, SNQ) CLAGS2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clags2 (logicalUPPER, realA1, complexA2, realA3, realB1, complexB2, realB3, realCSU, complexSNU, realCSV, complexSNV, realCSQ, complexSNQ) CLAGS2 Purpose: CLAGS2 computes 2-by-2 unitary matrices U, V and Q, such that if ( UPPER ) then U**H *A*Q = U**H *( A1 A2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 A3 ) ( x x ) and V**H*B*Q = V**H *( B1 B2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 B3 ) ( x x ) or if ( .NOT.UPPER ) then U**H *A*Q = U**H *( A1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( A2 A3 ) ( 0 x ) and V**H *B*Q = V**H *( B1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( B2 B3 ) ( 0 x ) where U = ( CSU SNU ), V = ( CSV SNV ), ( -SNU**H CSU ) ( -SNV**H CSV ) Q = ( CSQ SNQ ) ( -SNQ**H CSQ ) The rows of the transformed A and B are parallel. Moreover, if the input 2-by-2 matrix A is not zero, then the transformed (1,1) entry of A is not zero. If the input matrices A and B are both not zero, then the transformed (2,2) element of B is not zero, except when the first rows of input A and B are parallel and the second rows are zero. Parameters: UPPER UPPER is LOGICAL = .TRUE.: the input matrices A and B are upper triangular. = .FALSE.: the input matrices A and B are lower triangular. A1 A1 is REAL A2 A2 is COMPLEX A3 A3 is REAL On entry, A1, A2 and A3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix A. B1 B1 is REAL B2 B2 is COMPLEX B3 B3 is REAL On entry, B1, B2 and B3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix B. CSU CSU is REAL SNU SNU is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix U. CSV CSV is REAL SNV SNV is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix V. CSQ CSQ is REAL SNQ SNQ is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix Q. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 158 of file clags2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 clags2.f(3)