Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move multiple files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move multiple files Post 302486045 by rdcwayx on Thursday 6th of January 2011 08:33:19 PM
Old 01-06-2011
Code:
ls /usr/dw/apps/work/PROJECT_NEW/TgtFiles/FTP/$1/*.txt |where read i
do
  mv $i  /usr/dw/apps/work/PROJECT_HUDSON/archive/Tgt/$1/$i_`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S`.bkp
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find, Append, Move & Rename Multiple Files

Using a bash script, I need to find all files in a folder "except" the newest file. Then I need to insert the contents of one text file into all the files found. This text needs to be placed at the beginning of each file and needs a blank line between it and the current contents of the file. Then I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trapper
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple stage file move?

Greetings all. I need is a script that will move a file from one known dir to another, then grab another file from a different dir to replace it, and have absolutely zero clue how to do this. Here's what I am trying to do: A web client wants his site header image to change based on US... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccvortex
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To move multiple files to a new folder everytime

Hi , Below is the scenario A.txt B.txt C.csv .......... i want to move all the above files in to a new path & new folder .This folder is created based on date(for ex: today's fodler name will be 20120222).for Everyday move a new folder based on date has to be created & this folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files in multiple folders

Hello all, I would appreciate any help to write a script. I have folder A which contains over 30 thousands xml files, I would like create multiple folders and move those files (500 in each folders). Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmsiddig
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and move multiple files by modification date

Hi I have a problem, I have a large group of archive files in a folder some are later versions of the same archive, the only difference btween them is that the archiving program we use appends the name with a code for it to keep track of in its data base, and the modification date. I am starting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files to different directory using a single command

I have multiple files test1, test2, test3 etc. I want to move to a different directory with ABC_ prefixed to every file and and current dat time as postfix using a single command. (I will be using this is sftp with ! (command for local server). I have tried the following but it gives error ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename (move) multiple files on remote server using sftp

I want to rename (move) multiple files on remote server. I tried the following command to move all TXT files from my_dir directory to /new_dir. But it does not work. Any help? #!/bin/ksh sftp -dev3 << ABC cd my_dir $(for i in TXT; do echo "ls *.$i" ; rename $x /new_dir/$x;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies
Launch(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Launch(3)

NAME
Mac::Apps::Launch - Mac module to launch /quit applications SYNOPSIS
use Mac::Apps::Launch; my @apps = qw(R*ch Arch MPGP); my $path = "HD:System Folder:Finder"; LaunchApps([@apps], 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchApps([@apps]) or warn $^E; # launch and don't switch LaunchApps($app, 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchSpecs($path, 1) or warn $^E; # use path instead of app ID QuitApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all @apps QuitAllApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all except @apps IsRunning('MACS'); # returns boolean for whether # given app ID is running SetFront('MACS') or warn $^E; # set Finder to front Hide('MACS') or warn $^E; # hide Finder Show('Finder', 1) or warn $^E; # show Finder (1 == use name) DESCRIPTION
Simply launch or quit applications by their creator ID. The Finder can be quit in this way, though it cannot be launched in this way. This module is used by many other modules. This module as written does not work with MacPerls prior to 5.1.4r4. "Hide" and "Show" do not currently work on Mac OS X. Apps that don't have signatures under Mac OS X currently aren't handled, except with LaunchSpecs(). "SetFront" and "IsRunning" can take a four-char creator ID ('MACS'), a bundle ID ('com.apple.Finder'), or a path (/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app). They both optionally take a second parameter which affirms that the data is indeed a path (for those rare cases where a path might possibly look like a creator ID or bundle ID ... you never know). "IsRunning" will return the PSN of the application if it is running, which you can then use for targetting the app, or converting to a PID (with "Mac::Processes::GetProcessPID()"), to send signals to it. EXPORT
Exports functions "QuitApps", "QuitAllApps", and "LaunchApps", "IsRunning", "LaunchSpecs", "SetFront", "Hide", "Show". AUTHOR
Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>, http://pudge.net/ Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Chris Nandor. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2007-01-03 Launch(3)