Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Packet loss on ce interface.
Operating Systems Solaris Packet loss on ce interface. Post 302485793 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 6th of January 2011 08:11:46 AM
Old 01-06-2011
have you checked the cable and the switch and another nic (if you have one in your machine)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shane
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

packet loss problem

I have 4 network ports on our T5240 sun server. all but 1 gives packet losses (nxge1) nxge0 gives on average 50% packet loss, very bad. nxge2 gives on average 1-2% packet loss. nxge3 gives on average 20% packet loss. Is there a tool or something to help me find the problem? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
11 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_e1000g(1M)				  System Administration Commands			     scconf_transp_adap_e1000g(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_e1000g - configure the Intel PRO/1000 network adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure e1000g Intel PRO/1000 network adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can only be used with transport type dlpi. The e1000g based network adapter connects to a transport switch or to another Ethernet adapter on a different node. In either case, the connection is made through a transport cable. When a transport switch is used and the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using scconf, scinstall, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node identifier that hosts the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scinstall(1M), e1000g(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_e1000g(1M)