Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX unzipping _client.cpio.gz issue Post 302485772 by johnf on Thursday 6th of January 2011 07:09:56 AM
Old 01-06-2011
All gunzip does is uncompress the file in the directory where it resides it does not redirect the output.

The syntax of your command is trying to unzip /usr/app/oracle no wonder it is complaining.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 01-06-2011 at 01:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping

Ok, im a lame newb, i know, but what are all the options for the tar command, and how do i use it properly...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FalconX2
3 Replies

2. AIX

URGENT --problem in unzipping

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzipping problem

Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 9i software from oracle website. The file is in the following format. "lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" I need to unzip this file for installing oracle9i in my system. I tried with the following command to unzip the file "$gunzip lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CPIO issue

Hello, I am running Solaris and trying to install Oracle 10g. I have the software on my server and I am trying to extract the file using cpio -idmv. It seems to be taking a very long time and when I monitor it using top, it is sleeping and the cpu is 0%. Any ideas as to what may be going on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue: Unzipping file containing files/folders with a similar name

Hi, I have a zip file created on a Linxux server that I need to extract on a Windows machine... The zip file containing folders with the same name but they each have a different case, one if camel case and the other is just capitalised. When I extract using 7zip, I get prompted if I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies
cpio(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   cpio(4)

NAME
cpio - Format of cpio archive DESCRIPTION
The header structure, when the -c option of cpio(1) is not used, is: struct { short h_magic, h_dev; ushort h_ino, h_mode, h_uid, h_gid; short h_nlink, h_rdev h_mtime[2], h_namesize, h_filesize[2]' char h_name[h_namesize rounded to word]; } Hdr; When the -c option is used, the header information is described by: sscanf(Chdr,"%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%6o%11lo%6o%11lo%s", &Hdr.h_magic, &Hdr.h_dev, &Hdr.h_ino, &Hdr.h_mode, &Hdr.h_uid, &Hdr.h_gid, &Hdr.h_nlink, &Hdr.h_rdev, &Longtime, &Hdr.h_namesize,&Longfile,Hdr.h_name); The Longtime and Longfile are equivalent to Hdr.h_mtime and Hdr.h_filesize, respec- tively. The contents of each file are recorded in an element of the array of varying length structures, archive, together with other items describing the file. Every instance of h_magic contains the constant 070707 (octal). The items h_dev through h_mtime have meanings explained in stat(2). The length of the null-terminated path name h_name, including the null byte, is given by h_namesize. The last record of the archive always contains the name TRAILER!!! Special files, directories, and the trailer are recorded with h_file- size equal to zero. RELATED INFORMATION
cpio(1), find(1), stat(2) delim off cpio(4)