Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script Post 302485706 by sanjeevcseng on Thursday 6th of January 2011 02:51:06 AM
Old 01-06-2011
Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi,

I am new to UNIX and shell scripting.
I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa.

My log4j.xml looks like:-

Code:
<!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME-->
<appender name="WEBSERVICENAME" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
<param name="File" value="PATH_OF_LOG_FILE" />
<param name="threshold" value="DEBUG" />
<param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd" />
<param name="Append" value="true" />
<layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d|%-5p|[%t]|%X{serviceId}|%X{requestId}|%c{1}:%L|%m%n" />
</layout>
<filter class="CLASSNAME">
<param name="values" value="WEBSERVICENAME"/>
<param name="MDC" value="serviceId"/>
</filter>
</appender>

IN above example i have to change:-

Code:

to
Code:
<param name="threshold" value="INFO" />

Note:- there are many weservices in the xml file for whom
Code:

is present in there appender. So i only want to change the value for input WEBSERVICE NAME only.

I searched some AWK examples but could not come up with one to suit my purpose.

Kindly help.

Last edited by pludi; 01-13-2011 at 06:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change values in XML using Python? noob help pls!

Hello I am a noob in XML and Python. I am trying to do this for my MSc project about a network simulation and need some help.... I want to change the values shown below: <num_crash_failures>1</num_crash_failures> −<crash_failure_entry> <freeze_at_slot>0</freeze_at_slot>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change XML file structure script

Hi to all, Maybe someone could help me. I want to transform the structure of a xml file. I have this input.xml: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <votings> <file name="Reference 19762"> <case id="No. 3 Div. 870"> <j v="1">Peter</j> <j v="1">Ely</j> <j... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading xml tags from ksh script

Hi, I have an XMl file, below is sample: <TRANSFORMATION DESCRIPTION ="Created by:- " NAME ="LKP_FT_T_FILEK" OBJECTVERSION ="1" REUSABLE ="YES" TYPE ="Lookup Procedure" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> </TRANSFORMATION> I need to read the tag, and if the tag is TRANSORMATION, i want to check the Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to populate (2) values in .XML

Good Afternoon Team - I"m asking for assistance on a piece of code to populate two values in an XML file. I have it working perfectly using CScript for DOS, but I have a need to do that same process in a Linux environment. Here is the XML I need to modify: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from xml file script

Hi, please help on this. I want extract values of xml file structure and print in determined way. <ProjectName> --> only appears once <StructList> --> is the top node <Struct> node --> could be more than 1 NameID, STX, STY, PRX, PRY --> appears only 1 time within each <Struct> node... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)