Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gcc with pipe
Top Forums Programming Gcc with pipe Post 302485641 by DGPickett on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 08:25:49 PM
Old 01-05-2011
Well, if every is a main:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

for f in *.c
do
 gcc -o ${f%.c} $f
done

If they are all subroutines but one with a main, use this:
Code:
gcc -c *.c
ar all.a *.o
gcc -o my_name all.a

Not sure at all about the ar command line being correct, just a hint. Subroutine order in a *.a is not important like on a cc/link, so linking from all.a always works. Since it is an ar from scratch, you want the anti-quadratic option!

Last edited by DGPickett; 01-07-2011 at 02:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc update

Hai Friends How should i update gcc (version 3.2.1) to gcc (version 3.2.2). I am using FreeBSD 5.0 RELEASE Thanks in advance Collins (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

2. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

4. AIX

Gcc for AIX

Hi, I am working with AIX5.3 and I downloaded the gcc-4.2.4.tar.bz2 from the site and when I am trying to un-tar it.It is throwing error-- Please help me to resolve it. Thanks in Advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

5. Programming

gcc compiler

Which gcc compiler release had the Arm 9 multicore support?Whether the compiler that used for the single Arm 9 core can be used for its multicore systems ? If gcc not support,please tell me which are the compilers that are available for Arm 9 multicore systems (including commerical).Whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between GCC and CC?

Can anyone briefly tell me the difference between CC and GCC? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrewust
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

9. Linux

Problems with gcc

Hello I'm not able to install gcc. My platform is # uname -a Linux localhost 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux #yum install gcc I got the following error ---> Package libgfortran44.x86_64 0:4.4.4-13.el5 set to be updated ---> Package... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: My Style
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)