Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX Post 302485567 by kvkc on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 02:12:02 PM
Old 01-05-2011
Debian shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue.

error message :
--------------

$ /home/itaadmin/ITA_Test/current/ITAUpdateTicketJob.sh
ftp: connect: Connection refused
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.

shell script program
---------------------
ftp -inv <ipadress> <<EOF
quote USER <username>
quote PASS <password>

ls

get C:\IAT\Doc forITA\709_LN_MAS.csv
bye
EOF
chmod 777 709_LN_MAS.csv
exit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX download

I need to get a free download of AIX, anyone have any good links?:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobjones2
1 Replies

2. AIX

File Upload Performance using IE from Windows to AIX via HTTPS

Hi, Is there any performance issue uploading a file using IE from Windows client to AIX WAS server via HTTPS? Before that, we were using HTTP protocol and everything run smooth Once we change to HTTPS, we might hit the "HTTP 500 Internal server error" Even though this does not happen all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darontan
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX download

hello, Does AIX 6.1 available for download? Thanks, Prashant. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantbhushan
2 Replies

4. AIX

File Transfer from windows to AIX

How to transfer a directory from my windows machine to my AIX server?? Plz give me a detailed step wise solution... Thanks in Advance.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Help with copying file from AIX to Windows

Dear All, I am in need of your help again. I want to copy a file from AIX to Windows. I was able do the same with WinSCP but not able to do with any commands. I have tried ftp, scp and scp2 but nothing worked. Can anyone suggest me a command on how to copy/move a file from AIX to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
9 Replies

8. AIX

Reading .properties file on AIX and Windows

I have a FirstDoc application that integrates with SharePoint 2010. As per the FirstDoc install guide, I need to generate the sharepoint_authentication properties file and place it on the server and the 2 Windows boxes that contain other components of the app. The properties file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to copy file from Windows to AIX using SCP?

Hi I'd like to copy file ( or directory ) from a window server to an unix server using scp command, something like this scp -rp admin@10.0.99.99:C:\Documents and Settings\abc.txt /home/oracle/abc.txtI tried testing something like command above but nothing worked. Somebody help !! Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
7 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux