Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting populate specified value in csv Post 302485563 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 02:02:06 PM
Old 01-05-2011
Code:
awk -F, '$1{$4="\"DTP\""; $6="\"DSS\""}1' OFS=\, file

You want to populate the columns only in the lines with a value in the 1e column, right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the getline to populate an array from a file

Hello, I am trying to use the awk getline command to populate an array from a flat file. Has anyone done this before? So we have file1: a b c d I want to create an array like index that contains these four elements (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate variable from remote result

Hi there i am trying to pass the result of a remote command into a variable into my script ie #!/bin/sh var = `ssh remote_box 'uname'` echo $var but all i get back is ./script.sh: var: not found However when i add a -x to put it into diag mode i get the following + ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate PERL Hash

Hello I am new to perl and learning ...can you please explain why am i getting this error...as myHash is defined right above the code and I think it should be avilable in the sub function. Here is my code: <code> #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; %myHash=(); sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uandme2k2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP populate variable with function

Hi, I've a php scirpt that calls in an external class. The external class, myClass, has several public and private functions. There is one public function which derives a value that I want be able to bring it to the main php scirpt. Here is the code. ....snip.... include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

populate a bash variable from an awk operation

Hi, I'm trying to populate bash script variable, data_size with the size of the largest file in my current directory data_size=$(ls -lS | grep -v "total" | head -1) | awk '{ print $5 }' I've tried adding an echo before the call to awk data_size=$(ls -l | grep -v "total" | head -1) |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_s_g
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using eval to populate an array in the background

Hi. I am trying to populate an array using eval in the background within a function. So this function will create a list of 3 character directories from SVN and store in an array. I want to call this function when the script starts in the background unknown to the user. The problem is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmiaebrown
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create files from a list and then populate them

I have a list of filenames that I want created - they must be created via a certain naming convention due to the software I'm using. Once they are created I have another file that will be used to populate them with data. So far this is what I have: #For each line in text file "foo_txt" create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to populate an array from a csv file

Hi Guys, I've got a script that runs and collects statistics from one of our machines and outputs the data into a csv file. Now, that script runs fine and I managed to create another one (with a lot of help from this forum!!) to trim the csv file down to all the data that I need, rather than all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populate Column Value Using AWK

Hi All, I am trying to find out awk one liner for the following requirement but failed in doing that. I have two files. Content of first file: file1.txt SUCCESS A file2.txt SUCCESS B file3.txt SUCCESS A file4.txt FAIL ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to populate (2) values in .XML

Good Afternoon Team - I"m asking for assistance on a piece of code to populate two values in an XML file. I have it working perfectly using CScript for DOS, but I have a need to do that same process in a Linux environment. Here is the XML I need to modify: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)