Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers need to retrieve values of parameter Post 302485535 by methyl on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 12:59:45 PM
Old 01-05-2011
What input to the script (if any)?
What processing in the script?
What expected output from the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the values of column in one parameter

Hi, I am trying to capture the values of a column in a parameter..here is what I wanted to do... 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,1 3,4,1,2 4,1,2,3 is there any way that I could get the values of column values into one parameter?? Here is what I want... COL1=1,2,3,4 COL2=2,3,4,1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrieve unique values

Hi all, I have a 10.txt file. In this file 2 words are present by name Active and Inactive and these words are repeated 7000 times. I want to take the unique 2 words from this 7000 lines. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

have to retrieve the distinct values (not duplicate) from 2nd column and display

I have a text file names test2 with 3 columns as below . We have to retrieve the distinct values (not duplicate) from 2nd column and display. I have used the below command but giving some error. NS3303 NS CRAFT LTD NS3303 NS CHIRON VACCINES LTD NS3303 NS ALLIED MEDICARE LTD NS3303 NS... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirdi
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve lines that the first 4 columns have different values

Hi, all: I am not familiar with unix,and just started awk scripts. I want to retrieve lines that have the first 4 columns with different values. For example, the input is like this (tab delimited file with one header) r1 A A A A x r2 A B B A x r3 B B B B x the output should be (header is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awkin2011
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve multiple values for each iteration

Hi All, I tried to retrieve multiple values using for/foreach loop in each iteration. But couldn't get it. Please help me. Below are my try outs: #!/bin/ksh foreach {i,j,k} {5150 5540 5149 5640 5151 5920 5362 5965 5147 5895 5061} echo $i,$j,$k end Error: ./mulcns.ksh: foreach: not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve values using soap moudle

Can someone tell me how to know the values used in soap api. I need to know what values are used in soap xml. Can we get all the values used in soap api. I know that we can get it by using SOAP::Lite module in perl. But it is like we are supplying keys and we are getting values. I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
0 Replies

8. Programming

Sctp api name to retrieve the values of structure sctpassoctable

Hi i want a sctp (lksctp) api which can retrieve the values of the sctp structure "sctpAssocTable" It is sctpassoctable or sctpassocentry. SctpAssocEntry ::= SEQUENCE { sctpAssocId Unsigned32, sctpAssocRemHostName OCTET STRING, sctpAssocLocalPort ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harioum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve values from XML file and update them in the same position! PLEASE HELP?

Good Day All Im quiet new to ksh scripting and need a bit of your help. I am attempting to write a script that reads in an XML and extracts certain field values from an XML file. The values are all alphanumeric and consist of two components: e.g "Test 1". I need to to create a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JulioAmerica
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script parameter with several values

Hi, On ksh I have to write a script tha I will run like this: ./myscript.ksh -param1 val1 val2 val3 .. -param2 xxx -param3 hgf Param1 will be an array: param1= ( val1 val2 val3 ..... ) How can I do that? It is not a homework!! Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)