Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xampp installation...
Operating Systems Solaris xampp installation... Post 302485408 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 5th of January 2011 06:49:24 AM
Old 01-05-2011
set your shell output to verbose (set -xv) and post the complete output of the install run. if there isn't any new information, you can use "truss" to get a closer look at what happens when you run the script.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installation

Hai Friends How can i instal only the linux kernel in a system. Thanks in advance Collins (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
3 Replies

2. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

installation

Hi, Could you please provide me the url's for linux software on x86 platform means on pentiunm processes and installtion documentation? Regards, Rajesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
2 Replies

4. Solaris

OS installation

Hi, Sun ultra enterprise1 supports solaris10i version. Sun ultra enterprise1 supports view sonic 19 inch LCD Monitor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Installation

what computer minimum specification is required to install Linux? Is it possible to install window vista and Linux together? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshdoranga
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help on installation.

Hi All, Good Morning. I am trying to install solaris 10 in my ultra 10 work station using CD. But i am getting the following error, can anyone helping me on this. ok boot cdrom - install Boot device : /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: - install Can't read disk label.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Failed to Start Xampp Apache on Solaris 10

Hello Hope someone can help me on my issue. I tried to install Xampp. all are working fine except Apache. I edited xampp starting script file by modifying port from 80 to 2110. the same for /opt/xampp/etc/httpd.conf I change listing port from 80 to 2110 root@mtcksafhtest01 # ./xampp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
2 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)