Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problems with the jar -tvf command and "if" logic Post 302485103 by crunchie on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 09:54:33 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Execution problems with the jar -tvf command and "if" logic

Hi,

I am reading a directory that has a list of jar files. I am searching these files for specific keywords. What i would like to do is write the address of the jar file to a new file if the search result is returned as false. For example;

Code:

/home/user/JarDirectory/Examplefile.jar

is the file i am searching.

Code:

cat $JarDirectory | jar -tvf $i | grep -v car

where $i is the current jar file being read.

If the grep -v command returns false i.e. the word "car" was not present in the file, then the address

Code:

/home/user/JarDirectory/Examplefile.jar

is written to a new file instead of the actual content of the file itself.

i am currently using an if statement with a test case e.g.

Code:

if [ $? -ne 0]
then
"write address of current jar file to Newfile"
fi

However i cannot get the logic right and i keep writing the content of the jar file to a newfile instead of the address of the jar file itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance if code was not bracketed properly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems running "at" command

I used to be able to run "at". Then I started getting "can't open job file in the /var/spool/cron/atjobs directory". Based on a newsgroup thread's advice, I logged in as root and entered "chmod 4755 /usr/bin/at" and then got "at: you are not authorized to use at. Sorry.". In trying to put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhancock
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with "set pka0_host_id 6" command

I need to change the pka0_host_id 7 to 6 but the command "set pka0_host_id 6" returns "pka0_host_id protected from attempted operation". How can i do that? please i need some answers soon!!!!! thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lestat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with "show device" command

I have a DS25 and when i run "show device" don't appear my 'dka.....' and 'dkb....' devices, but i know they must be there, where could be the error? what can i do to see them? I'm using Tru64 PD: Im so sorry if i repeat this Q but i really need an answer and i dunno where to ask... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problems with "show device" command

I have a DS25 and when i run "show device" don't appear my 'dka.....' and 'dkb....' devices, but i know they must be there, where could be the error? what can i do to see them? (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with "set pka0_host_id 6" command

I need to change the pka0_host_id 7 to 6 but the command "set pka0_host_id 6" returns "pka0_host_id protected from attempted operation". How can i do that? please i need some answers soon!!!!! thanx (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with "sort" command

It seems our administrators had installed the version of the "sort" command not having the -M option. Does anyone have the source code for this routine? I need to be able to sort on month comparison: e.g. "sudo at -l | sort -k3M,5" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superdelic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to avoid "cannot execute" issue with a runnable jar file?

I am trying to understand why the runnable jar file runs on one Unix server, but not the other with same environment settings. I copied exact same test jar from here --> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/javatip127/MakeJarRunnable.zip on to both Unix servers. Then changed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to write all the jar name in single with delimiter ":" in beween the jar name

Hi All, I am having 7 jar files in a dir. abc like listed below bash-3.00$ cd abc bash-3.00$ ls 123.jar 23wdawd.jar dfsa23.jar dsa.jar wew234.jar adsd234234.jar dfsda423.jarNow i want to assign all this jar files to a variable in the below format ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
package-appclient(1M)					    Application Server Utility					     package-appclient(1M)

NAME
package-appclient - packs the application client container libraries and jar files SYNOPSIS
package-appclient Use the package-appclient command to pack the application client container libraries and jar files into an appclient.jar file. The created file is located at appserver_install_dir/lib/appclient/appclient.jar. The appclient.jar file provides an application client container package targeted at remote hosts that do not contain a server installation. The appclient.jar archive contains native code and can be used on a target machine that is of similar architecture as the machine where it was produced. So, for example, an appclient.jar produced on a Solaris SPARC platform cannot be used on a Windows client machine. After copying the appclient.jar file to a remote location, unjar it to get a set of libraries and jar files in the appclient directory After unjarring on the client machine, modify appclient_install_dir/config/asenv.conf (asenv.bat for Windows) as follows: o set AS_WEBSERVICES_LIB to appclient_install_dir/lib o set AS_NSS to appclient_install_dir/lib (appclient_install_dirin for Windows) o set AS_IMQ_LIB to appclient_install_dir/imq/lib o set AS_INSTALL to appclient_install_dir o set AS_JAVA to your JDK 1.4 home directory o set AS_ACC_CONFIG to appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml Modify appclient_install_dir/config/sun-acc.xml as follows: o Ensure the DOCTYPE file references appclient_install_dir/lib/dtds o Ensure that target-server address attribute refrences the server machine. o Ensure that target-server port attribute refrences the ORB port on the remote machine. o Ensure that log-service references a log file; if the user wants to put log messages to a log file. Modify appclient_install_dir/bin/appclient (appclient.bat for Windows) as follows: o change token %CONFIG_HOME% to appclient_install_dir/config ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ appclient(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 package-appclient(1M)