Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers invoking non-standard program in linux Post 302484921 by smeme on Monday 3rd of January 2011 04:43:40 PM
Old 01-03-2011
thanks for the quick response. i will look up "shell settings". best. sm

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong Shell Invoking My Script On Linux

I have a shell script that does NOT have the '#!' line at the top. It is written for ksh. The shell in my passwd entry is '/usr/bin/ksh' and my SHELL env variable is '/usr/bin/ksh'. Now, here's the issue. I invoke the script on Solaris with './myprog'. This works fine. I also run the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Programming

invoking an Unix script from a C Program

How to invoke an Unix Script from C program? (or) How to invoke another C program from a C program? thanks Karthik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer?

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer and are there any white papers or the like that discuss this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rav78uk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking a program in a loop

In the following script, I wish to invoke a compiled C++ program, consimv4 and pass it some command line arguments through the shell script's command line arguments and variables. But for some reason, when I run the script, I just return to the shell prompt and nothing happens. For the life of me,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msaqib
7 Replies

6. Linux

Mitel Standard Linux Installation Problems

I didn't know what sub category to put this under, so I just figured I'd throw it in the main area. I've recently acquired an HP ProLiant120 G6 and am trying to install Mitel's version of Linux onto it. I boot from the cd, and can make it as far as selecting what type of keyboard I have. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madeang
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program output in terminal by invoking in cron

Hi, I have lost a lot of hours by looking for answer but without results.. My problem is that: I use Debian GNU/Linux and I want to configure cron in order to run rtorrent every day between 24.00 and 09.00. That part I have achieved, but I couldn't forced cron to make it visible on any of my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: juru_piotr
10 Replies

8. Programming

Clear standard input buffer for C program in Linux

Hello friends! i am writing a code in which i take inputs (numbers) from user and count the total number of positive, negative and zeros entered. I need to clear my standard input buffer before scanf() command. My compiler is completely ignoring the fflush(stdin) command. its not even showing any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
1 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=C SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 LOCALE.CONF(5)