Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QEMU not booting my image
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory QEMU not booting my image Post 302484914 by neur0n on Monday 3rd of January 2011 04:24:59 PM
Old 01-03-2011
But the reason I want to get this working is so that I can load some modules, therefore I need to add files to the image.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone ever used qemu and networked it ?

hi i got a virtual linux machine running on qemu my problem is connecting it to the internet im a bit confused weather i have to make a virtual network card in qemu and than tun tap it? can anyone thats done it before help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: russian460
1 Replies

3. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Dual Booting - Solaris image CD doesn't read in BIOS

I am trying to install solaris 10-x86 as second OS on top of Windows XP. I have downloaded iso image from Oracle website and burned into bootable cd. when I loaded into CD-drive and made changes in BIOS to boot from CD. Its not reading from CD drive. After restarting the system with CD(solaris... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunSolars_admin
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

Create a Bridge for Qemu using only loopback

hello networking folks, i have 3 virtual machines that need to talk to each other How can i create a bridge to loopback ? -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap1 where tap1 is connected to lo:1 , tap2 is connected to lo:2 etc thx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwiceDone
0 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

QEMU performance?

Heyas So, i like doing custom a LiveImage of my OS. Using Redhats kickstart/livecd-creator method. Anyway, so i would like to test the liveimages... AND also, i WOULD like to install FreeBSD, Solaris, or whatever, onto a Virtual Machine. I used to use Oracles Virtualbox, but eversince... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

8. BSD

How to install Ultrix 4.2 on Qemu?

Hi Problem changed. I've got a message showing on the screen which says Guest has not initialized the display (yet) Any how I can fix this? Thanks Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
4 Replies
MODULES-LOAD.D(5)						  modules-load.d						 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)

NAME
modules-load.d - Configure kernel modules to load at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/modules-load.d/*.conf /run/modules-load.d/*.conf /usr/lib/modules-load.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
systemd-modules-load.service(8) reads files from the above directories which contain kernel modules to load during boot in a static list. Each configuration file is named in the style of /etc/modules-load.d/program.conf. Note that it is usually a better idea to rely on the automatic module loading by PCI IDs, USB IDs, DMI IDs or similar triggers encoded in the kernel modules themselves instead of static configuration like this. In fact, most modern kernel modules are prepared for automatic loading already. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
The configuration files should simply contain a list of kernel module names to load, separated by newlines. Empty lines and lines whose first non-whitespace character is # or ; are ignored. CONFIGURATION DIRECTORIES AND PRECEDENCE
Configuration files are read from directories in /etc/, /run/, and /lib/, in order of precedence. Each configuration file in these configuration directories shall be named in the style of filename.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /run/ and /lib/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /lib/. Files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed by vendor packages. All configuration files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same option, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will take precedence. It is recommended to prefix all filenames with a two-digit number and a dash, to simplify the ordering of the files. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in the configuration directory in /etc/, with the same filename as the vendor configuration file. If the vendor configuration file is included in the initrd image, the image has to be regenerated. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/modules-load.d/virtio-net.conf example: # Load virtio-net.ko at boot virtio-net SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-modules-load.service(8), systemd-delta(1), modprobe(8) systemd 237 MODULES-LOAD.D(5)