Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers invoking non-standard program in linux Post 302484906 by smeme on Monday 3rd of January 2011 03:46:23 PM
Old 01-03-2011
invoking non-standard program in linux

I have a program R installed on Ubuntu under /usr/bin/R. I also have a different version installed under /home/user/R. I would like to invoke the locally installed program temporarily. How can I do this automatically by running a script and then switching to the default program?

thanks,

SM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong Shell Invoking My Script On Linux

I have a shell script that does NOT have the '#!' line at the top. It is written for ksh. The shell in my passwd entry is '/usr/bin/ksh' and my SHELL env variable is '/usr/bin/ksh'. Now, here's the issue. I invoke the script on Solaris with './myprog'. This works fine. I also run the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Programming

invoking an Unix script from a C Program

How to invoke an Unix Script from C program? (or) How to invoke another C program from a C program? thanks Karthik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer?

What is the industry standard for number of servers per Unix/Linux engineer and are there any white papers or the like that discuss this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rav78uk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking a program in a loop

In the following script, I wish to invoke a compiled C++ program, consimv4 and pass it some command line arguments through the shell script's command line arguments and variables. But for some reason, when I run the script, I just return to the shell prompt and nothing happens. For the life of me,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: msaqib
7 Replies

6. Linux

Mitel Standard Linux Installation Problems

I didn't know what sub category to put this under, so I just figured I'd throw it in the main area. I've recently acquired an HP ProLiant120 G6 and am trying to install Mitel's version of Linux onto it. I boot from the cd, and can make it as far as selecting what type of keyboard I have. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madeang
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program output in terminal by invoking in cron

Hi, I have lost a lot of hours by looking for answer but without results.. My problem is that: I use Debian GNU/Linux and I want to configure cron in order to run rtorrent every day between 24.00 and 09.00. That part I have achieved, but I couldn't forced cron to make it visible on any of my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: juru_piotr
10 Replies

8. Programming

Clear standard input buffer for C program in Linux

Hello friends! i am writing a code in which i take inputs (numbers) from user and count the total number of positive, negative and zeros entered. I need to clear my standard input buffer before scanf() command. My compiler is completely ignoring the fflush(stdin) command. its not even showing any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
1 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_BUGFILES(1)