Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding date to the subject using mailx Post 302484856 by sithara on Monday 3rd of January 2011 12:40:33 PM
Old 01-03-2011
Adding date to the subject using mailx

Hi ,

I want to add date to the subject of the email. I am using mail and used

Code:
-s "SQL Loader was not able to load enid on `date`  due to data error"

But it didnt work. can any one help me ??

Thanks
Sithara

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx in cron using variable date

I am using a popular HOSTUMP script that dumps successfully to a log file named servername_a_`date +%m%d%y`.log I then want to kick off a second cron job that will email me that log. I am assuming it has to be something like 00 07 * * 2 mailx -s 'SERVERNAME Tape A Weekly Backup Log'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seaquin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing/including command in mailx subject line

Hi, Is it possible for me to include the results from a command in the subject line? What I am looking to do is get the file count and include it into the subject line as well as the list of files in the body. Example Subject line: Currently 25 files in directory My Code: #!/bin/ksh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozifer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract the subject from a script which uses mailx

Hi, I need to extract the subject of an e-mail sent using mailx. mailx is in a a file and the command reads like the following Ex: sendMail.sh mailx -s ' This is the subject' $recepiant note that anything can come within ' ' which goes to the subject. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding hostname and date in subject of the mail

Hi Team, I coded my code to send mail to some reciepents with subject and date. Can somebody suggest me how to add host name to subject ? and the below code is correct for date ? my aim is to send mail with "subject in < hostname> on <date>".When i execute this script on my server its hung... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to system date then compare to a date

Hi! I am trying to read a file and every line has a specific date as one of its fields. I want to take that date and compare it to the date today plus 6 days. while read line do date=substr($line, $datepos, 8) #date is expected to be YYYYMMDD if ; then ...proceed commands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx - Adding timestamp in CSV file

Hi allI am mailing csv file to our lotusnote server using shell script. I am using command to get require date/time :date +"%d%b%y-%X%p"File name is :TESTFILE-29Jan14-09:00:00AM.csv.When I am receving this on lotusnote server coming as "00AM.csv" rest of the string is getting truncated. I feel due... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Pager notification to mailx command.

Is it possible to add Pager Notification to mailx command?? :confused: Or by any other mean. ---------- Post updated at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:08 AM ---------- Hi just want to specify that by Pager i mean a message to the mobile number. Suppose i have following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of attachment is displaying along with subject in mailx

Hi All, I want to send the csv to an email address. I have tried the below two approaches. Approach1: Got error -ksh: uuencode: not found $ uuencode test_file.csv test_file.csv | mailx -s "Attaching test" msdc.kiran@gmail.com </usr/home/test_file.csv -ksh: uuencode: not found Approach2:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable not displaying in subject line of mailx email

Hi Newbie here with first post. I've got a shell script (ksh) whereby I run a SQL*Plus script and output the results to a file. I then check the output file in an if statement that looks like this: if ]; then export GAPNUM=`awk '{print $4}' $OUTFILE` if ] then mailx -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltzwoman
10 Replies
PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)						 1						  PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)

preg_replace_callback - Perform a regular expression search and replace using a callback

SYNOPSIS
mixed preg_replace_callback (mixed $pattern, callable $callback, mixed $subject, [int $limit = -1], [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
The behavior of this function is almost identical to preg_replace(3), except for the fact that instead of $replacement parameter, one should specify a $callback. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for. It can be either a string or an array with strings. o $callback - A callback that will be called and passed an array of matched elements in the $subject string. The callback should return the replacement string. This is the callback signature: string handler (array $matches) You'll often need the $callback function for a preg_replace_callback(3) in just one place. In this case you can use an anonymous function to declare the callback within the call to preg_replace_callback(3). By doing it this way you have all information for the call in one place and do not clutter the function namespace with a callback function's name not used anywhere else. Example #1 preg_replace_callback(3) and anonymous function <?php /* a unix-style command line filter to convert uppercase * letters at the beginning of paragraphs to lowercase */ $fp = fopen("php://stdin", "r") or die("can't read stdin"); while (!feof($fp)) { $line = fgets($fp); $line = preg_replace_callback( '|<p>s*w|', function ($matches) { return strtolower($matches[0]); }, $line ); echo $line; } fclose($fp); ?> o $subject - The string or an array with strings to search and replace. o $limit - The maximum possible replacements for each pattern in each $subject string. Defaults to -1 (no limit). o $count - If specified, this variable will be filled with the number of replacements done. RETURN VALUES
preg_replace_callback(3) returns an array if the $subject parameter is an array, or a string otherwise. On errors the return value is NULL If matches are found, the new subject will be returned, otherwise $subject will be returned unchanged. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The $count parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #2 preg_replace_callback(3) example <?php // this text was used in 2002 // we want to get this up to date for 2003 $text = "April fools day is 04/01/2002 "; $text.= "Last christmas was 12/24/2001 "; // the callback function function next_year($matches) { // as usual: $matches[0] is the complete match // $matches[1] the match for the first subpattern // enclosed in '(...)' and so on return $matches[1].($matches[2]+1); } echo preg_replace_callback( "|(d{2}/d{2}/)(d{4})|", "next_year", $text); ?> The above example will output: April fools day is 04/01/2003 Last christmas was 12/24/2002 Example #3 preg_replace_callback(3) using recursive structure to handle encapsulated BB code <?php $input = "plain [indent] deep [indent] deeper [/indent] deep [/indent] plain"; function parseTagsRecursive($input) { $regex = '#[indent]((?:[^[]|[(?!/?indent])|(?R))+)[/indent]#'; if (is_array($input)) { $input = '<div style="margin-left: 10px">'.$input[1].'</div>'; } return preg_replace_callback($regex, 'parseTagsRecursive', $input); } $output = parseTagsRecursive($input); echo $output; ?> SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), preg_replace(3), preg_last_error(3), Anonymous functions, information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)