Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash too many arguments error Post 302484666 by Corona688 on Sunday 2nd of January 2011 01:08:12 PM
Old 01-02-2011
It LOOKS normal at first glance. Smilie I didn't notice it until a few rereads.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell - # of arguments

Hi!, How can I check the number of arguments passed from the shell in a bash shell ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a list in bash out of arguments

Hello, I have a very stupid/simple problem, but for some reason I cannot figure out...and I need your help! I am writting a bash scrip that should be executed using "my_script X Y Z T" where X Y Z and T can be any string, but there can be any number of arguments. I want my script to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash functions arguments

This script is called fuu; #!/bin/bash speak() { case $1 in 1)echo one ;; 2)echo two ;; 3)echo three ;; esac } speak exit 0 when i run fuu 2 i expect "two" like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

BASH Environment Variables as arguments?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell program called myenv which takes one argument. The argument should be the name of an environment variable, such as PATH HOME etc. myenv should print out the value of the variable given as the argument. If no argument is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Helix
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

arguments in bash

this script moves all the doc files to a specified directory....i have managed to put an argument but the problem im facing is puting the full path where the scripts are moving to for example i want to run the script like this below ./loo -d then path where im moving the files (i.e ./loo -d the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

arguments in bash

This script moves all the doc files to a specified directory. I have managed to put an argument but the problem I am facing is putting the full path where the scripts are moving to, for example I want to run the script like this below ./loo -d then path where im moving the files (i.e ./loo -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script with arguments

Could someone help me with the script below? I am trying to make a script having just one arguement as a command and then it executes the appropriate code #!/bin/bash if then echo "Available commands:" echo "./exec.sh cmd1" echo "./exec.sh cmd2" elif then cmd1 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiridakos
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a bash script

Hi, I wanted to pass an argument to a bash script. So that the argument is used inside the awk command inside the bash script. I know the noraml way of passing argument to a bash script as below : sh myScript.sh abc Inside the bash script i can use like this myArg1=$1 wc $myArg But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function failing with [: too many arguments

I'm reading Wicked Cool Shell Scripts. For some reason, the function pasted in below gives the error: ./inpath2: line 10: in_path() 4 { 5 cmd=$1 ourpath=$2 result=1 6 oldIFS=$IFS IFS=":" 7 8 for directory in "$ourpath" 9 do 10 if ; then 11 result=0 12 fi... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakeroberts
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] cd: too many arguments

Hello everyone, Could someone please explain to me why I get cd: too many arguments when I select a dir that has one or more spaces in the name? This is the code #!/bin/bash tmp_loc=$(zenity --file-selection --directory) if ]; then exit 0 else location=${tmp_loc// /\\ } # this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soichiro
7 Replies
gnutls_x509_crq_privkey_sign(3) 				      gnutls					   gnutls_x509_crq_privkey_sign(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crq_privkey_sign - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/abstract.h> int gnutls_x509_crq_privkey_sign(gnutls_x509_crq_t crq, gnutls_privkey_t key, gnutls_digest_algorithm_t dig, unsigned int flags); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crq_t crq should contain a gnutls_x509_crq_t structure gnutls_privkey_t key holds a private key gnutls_digest_algorithm_t dig The message digest to use, i.e., GNUTLS_DIG_SHA1 unsigned int flags must be 0 DESCRIPTION
This function will sign the certificate request with a private key. This must be the same key as the one used in gnutls_x509_crt_set_key() since a certificate request is self signed. This must be the last step in a certificate request generation since all the previously set parameters are now signed. RETURNS
GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS on success, otherwise a negative error code. GNUTLS_E_ASN1_VALUE_NOT_FOUND is returned if you didn't set all information in the certificate request (e.g., the version using gnutls_x509_crq_set_version()). SINCE
2.12.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. General guidelines for reporting bugs: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. As an alternative you may obtain the manual from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/manual/ gnutls 3.1.15 gnutls_x509_crq_privkey_sign(3)