Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Foreach add "4" to the end of each element Post 302484638 by m.d.ludwig on Sunday 2nd of January 2011 08:19:45 AM
Old 01-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed_zaher
<SNIP>
But do you know , why it considers "sh run | in distribute" an element of the array??
I want only the output of the command to be the array elements, and not the command itself.
<SNIP>
To be honest, not a clue :-). But if you want to ignore this element, you can do:
Code:
(undef, @output) = $con->cmd(...);

or
Code:
@output = $con->cmd(...);
shift @output;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop using a "*" for args

have a script that copies a file to a bunch of hosts. works great with a single file. How do I make it copy all files in a source directory? or a *txt pattern, or anything using a * ??? name of script: cp2all #!/bin/csh foreach host ( host1 host2 host3 host4 host5 host6 host7) rcp $argv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

acessing awk array element while getline < "file"

I am attempting to write a awk script that reads in a file after awk array elements are assigned and using those elements while reading in the new file. Does this make sense? /pattern/ {tst=$3} (( getline < "file" ) > 0 ) { x=x " "tst } When I print tst in the END statement it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to "find" a matching array element in a directory

Hi, I have defined an array which holds a couple of elements which are nothing but files names. I want to find the files in a directory for the matching file name(array elements) with less than 1 day old. When I am trying to execute the code (as below), it gives an error. Your help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a matrix element, if the "if" condition satisfies

Hi All, I would like to check a condition in a nxm matrix and if the condition satisfies then, I need to write the matrix element in the output file. For example, I have a matrix like this: 1 2 3 4 5 2 3 4 5 1 3 4 5 1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)