Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace multiple numbers? Post 302484303 by anurag.singh on Thursday 30th of December 2010 01:38:34 PM
Old 12-30-2010
Code:
sed 's/^\(ASX1[89]......\)07\(.*\)/\100\2/;s/^\(ASX1[89]......\)12\(.*\)/\100\2/' inputFile

Last edited by anurag.singh; 12-30-2010 at 02:43 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to anurag.singh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace one character by numbers in a file

suppose u have a file aas P-H 123 gdg O-U 223 hdy I-Y 12 fgd K-O 333 ssa L-P 32 output shud be like that aas P123H gdg O223U hdy I12Y fgd K333O ssa L32P thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find all numbers > x and replace with y within a file

How would I do this? How could i use <> symbols for numbers in the find/replace code below? perl -pi -e 's/test/tst/' OR is there a better way? 100 5000 2 432 4 2 33 4 5 6 65 300 301 needs to be: 100 300 2 300 4 2 33 4 5 6 65 300 300 also it might not always need spaces... i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed to replace / between the two numbers

i Have a file as following view pz19a0c0/1000T_J_3MoDw9DSLh1ZsCubdua-LKOQmbtiVgkIsiMbSiwF467?sessionId=15451401994597121249 view pz19a0c0/100086X67pR0MwzWnhhSO6sAEoxeFMyhh-IIbUCCdxicaQM4FC9?sessionId=154514019945971212494898 view/cart ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
5 Replies
LIBXO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LIBXO(3)

NAME
xo_emit -- emit formatted output based on format string and arguments LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
#include <libxo/xo.h> LIBXO(3) BSD Library Functions Manual LIBXO(3) NAME
xo_open_list xo_open_list_h xo_open_list_hd xo_open_list_d xo_open_instance xo_open_instance_h xo_open_instance_hd xo_open_instance_d xo_close_instance xo_close_instance_h xo_close_instance_hd xo_close_instance_d xo_close_list xo_close_list_h xo_close_list_hd xo_close_list_d -- open and close lists and instances LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
int xo_open_list_h(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_open_list(const char *name); int xo_open_list_hd(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_open_list_d(const char *name); int xo_open_instance_h(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_open_instance(const char *name); int xo_open_instance_hd(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_open_instance_d(const char *name); int xo_close_instance_h(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_close_instance(const char *name); int xo_close_instance_hd(xo_handle_t *xop); int xo_close_instance_d(void); int xo_close_list_h(xo_handle_t *xop, const char *name); int xo_close_list(const char *name); int xo_close_list_hd(xo_handle_t *xop); int xo_close_list_d(void); DESCRIPTION
Lists are sequences of instances of homogeneous data objects. Two distinct levels of calls are needed to represent them in our output styles. Calls must be made to open and close a list, and for each instance of data in that list, calls must be make to open and close that instance. The name given to all calls must be identical, and it is strongly suggested that the name be singular, not plural, as a matter of style and usage expectations. A list is a set of one or more instances that appear under the same parent. The instances contain details about a specific object. One can think of instances as objects or records. A call is needed to open and close the list, while a distinct call is needed to open and close each instance of the list: xo_open_list("item"); for (ip = list; ip->i_title; ip++) { xo_open_instance("item"); xo_emit("{L:Item} '{:name/%s}':0, ip->i_title); xo_close_instance("item"); } xo_close_list("item"); Getting the list and instance calls correct is critical to the proper generation of XML and JSON data. EXAMPLE: xo_open_list("user"); for (i = 0; i < num_users; i++) { xo_open_instance("user"); xo_emit("{k:name}:{:uid/%u}:{:gid/%u}:{:home}0, pw[i].pw_name, pw[i].pw_uid, pw[i].pw_gid, pw[i].pw_dir); xo_close_instance("user"); } xo_close_list("user"); TEXT: phil:1001:1001:/home/phil pallavi:1002:1002:/home/pallavi XML: <user> <name>phil</name> <uid>1001</uid> <gid>1001</gid> <home>/home/phil</home> </user> <user> <name>pallavi</name> <uid>1002</uid> <gid>1002</gid> <home>/home/pallavi</home> </user> JSON: user: [ { "name": "phil", "uid": 1001, "gid": 1001, "home": "/home/phil", }, { "name": "pallavi", "uid": 1002, "gid": 1002, "home": "/home/pallavi", } ] LEAF LISTS
In contrast to a list of instances, a "leaf list" is list of simple values. To emit a leaf list, call the xo_emit() function using the ""l"" modifier: for (ip = list; ip->i_title; ip++) { xo_emit("{Lwc:Item}{l:item}0, ip->i_title); } The name of the field must match the name of the leaf list. In JSON, leaf lists are rendered as arrays of values. In XML, they are rendered as multiple leaf elements. JSON: "item": "hammer", "nail" XML: <item>hammer</item> <item>nail</item> ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
Complete documentation can be found on github: http://juniper.github.io/libxo/libxo-manual.html libxo lives on github as: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo The latest release of libxo is available at: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/releases SEE ALSO
xo_emit(3) HISTORY
The libxo library was added in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHOR
Phil Shafer BSD
December 4, 2014 BSD