Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute a C program and retrieve information Post 302484223 by methyl on Thursday 30th of December 2010 07:27:51 AM
Old 12-30-2010
There is much variation in "top" "ps" etc.. .
Quote:
top -d 1.0 -p $PID
Not clear what Operating System you have or what information you require.
Assuming you are on some sort of Linux I would expect the syntax to be:
Code:
top -d 1 -p $PID

As others suggest, "ps" is probably better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script pls( To retrieve database information)

KSH - Unix -AIX - db2 ************** Get the input from the user say '123' (It varies) Then i want to connect to a database say "D1" then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123' I also want to connect to another database "D2" then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute this program?

Filesystem 1024-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 16016 52% 2271 14% / /dev/hd2 4587520 1889420 59% 37791 4% /usr /dev/hd9var 65536 12032 82% 518 4% /var /dev/hd3 819200 637832 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathyaac
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command to retrieve user information

Hi, I want the command to retrieve the existing user information such as * authorization * Profile * role * exipre(expiration date of login) * inactive please tell me how to do that Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute program without using ./ or sh

Hi, I am a complete newbie for unix. I have just installed mysql on my MAC. I was wondering every time I wanted to use mysql I had to ./mysql or sh mysql everytime on /usr/local/bin/mysql/bin. How can I execute the mysql program without using ./ or sh. I chmod +x already. And what do I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppanit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and retrieve information from file

Hello I just want to ask how to get the match of information column 2 file 1 and retrieve information from column 2 file 2. The column exon in file 1 and column color code in file 2. File 1 //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" "ENST00000595813" //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wan Fahmi
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

I can't execute a C++ program, help!

My professor gave me a code with no errors. When I compile it's fine, it doesn't show any errors, but when I try to execute it shows this: line 3: syntax error near unexpected token '(' line 3: 'int main()' I searched through the Internet but I couldn't find any solution. Please!!!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosiiieee
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Program Does not execute

Hi there, When I am trying to execute any shell script. The shell script only execute line 1 and I notice that the rest o the program was not executed. Please advise. # bash +x vmscript-4.sh Even when I enter this command there is not output. sudo su cd /tmp cp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX