Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Issue with Oracle 10 installation on Solaris 10 Post 302483752 by sumeet on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 10:55:31 AM
Old 12-28-2010
Hi Radoulov,

I am trying to install orcale from local (unix box) on command line.

I had another box at disposal so I did the entire set up again.

I downloaded 10201_database_solx86_64.zip into the /tmp dir.

Then I unzipped it and it created /tmp/database dir which had the runInstaller file.

But I ran into the same issue again - Could not execute autocheck for display colors using command /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo. I checked the DISPLAY variable is set.

Now the user "oracle" does not have .Xauthority but "root" has it and I was able to run /usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo as root user.

"oracle" has full access to it home dir - /export/home/oracle.

Do I have to copy .Xauthority to oracle's home?

---------- Post updated at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:53 AM ----------

Hi trantuananh24hg,

How do you do the silent install?

I think I am trying to do that.

Thanks
Sumeet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 Oracle 9i Installation

Hello; I am hoping that one of you Guru's out there has run across this problem and can tell me exactly where I am messing up. I have a Sun Ultra 10 with 1GB of memory and 2GB of swap space. I am trying to install Oracle 9i on the system. All goes well with the installation until the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Oracle Installation on Solaris

Hello. I have just finished installation of solaris 10 and would now like to install oracle 10g . I have got the CD of same - copied the zip file of CD to system ... unzipped the contents using gunzip. Got a folder /database/ created. But I am not able to locate runInstaller in the folder's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Installation Guide for Solaris Cluster 3.2 Software and Oracle 10g Release 2 Real App

Here are steps for installing the Solaris 10 11/06 OS, Solaris Cluster (formerly Sun Cluster) 3.2 software, QFS 4.5, and Oracle 10gR2 RAC. Also provided are instructions on how to configure QFS and Solaris Volume Manager for use with Oracle 10gR2 RAC. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 installation

Good evening, I am trying to install the oracle 10 in Solaris 10 and oracle requires following patches to be installed: 117837-08 117846-19 118682-01 I have downloaded above from sunsolve.com and when I add the patch with following command: patchadd -M xxxxx the are not installed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Prep for Oracle Installation on solaris 10 gone wrong

Hi All, I was trying to install Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 using instructions of Solaris 8. I realized about the document mismatch later on. There are some changes enlisted in the Solaris 8 set up which are not applicable to Solaris 10. I came to know about this when the IP address in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

8. Solaris

issue on solaris installation

hi Guys.. i''m new to solaris, i got some issue during solaris installation, it asking there is no space for it ... required space is 756mb but available is 324mb ..... (dell plade server ...) can any one tell me how to resolve and install OS on machine ... plz tell me it urgent ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris packages for Oracle grid infrastructure installation

Hello guys, I am trying to install oracle grid infrastructure 11.2 on Solaris 5.11. while I was reading the installation guide to check for the software requirements, there were two packages mentioned for the Solars 5.11. They are as follows pkg://solaris/developer/build/make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zacsparrow
2 Replies
rhev_agentd_consolehelper_selinux(8)		     SELinux Policy rhev_agentd_consolehelper		      rhev_agentd_consolehelper_selinux(8)

NAME
rhev_agentd_consolehelper_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rhev_agentd_consolehelper processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rhev_agentd_consolehelper processes via flexible mandatory access control. The rhev_agentd_consolehelper processes execute with the rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these pro- cesses running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t ENTRYPOINTS
The rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t SELinux type can be entered via the consolehelper_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t domain are the following: /usr/bin/consolehelper PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux rhev_agentd_consolehelper policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their rhev_agentd_consolehelper processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for rhev_agentd_consolehelper: rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t Note: semanage permissive -a rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t can be used to make the process type rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permissive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. rhev_agentd_consolehelper policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run rhev_agentd_consolehelper with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 If you want to support NFS home directories, you must turn on the use_nfs_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 If you want to support SAMBA home directories, you must turn on the use_samba_home_dirs boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the rhev_agentd_console- helper_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type rhev_agentd_consolehelper_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. faillog_t /var/log/btmp.* /var/log/faillog.* /var/log/tallylog.* /var/run/faillock(/.*)? krb5_host_rcache_t /var/cache/krb5rcache(/.*)? /var/tmp/nfs_0 /var/tmp/DNS_25 /var/tmp/host_0 /var/tmp/imap_0 /var/tmp/HTTP_23 /var/tmp/HTTP_48 /var/tmp/ldap_55 /var/tmp/ldap_487 /var/tmp/ldapmap1_0 lastlog_t /var/log/lastlog.* security_t /selinux systemd_passwd_var_run_t /var/run/systemd/ask-password(/.*)? /var/run/systemd/ask-password-block(/.*)? user_tmpfs_type all user content in tmpfs file systems xauth_home_t /root/.xauth.* /root/.Xauth.* /root/.serverauth.* /root/.Xauthority.* /var/lib/pqsql/.xauth.* /var/lib/pqsql/.Xauthority.* /var/lib/nxserver/home/.xauth.* /var/lib/nxserver/home/.Xauthority.* /home/[^/]*/.xauth.* /home/[^/]*/.Xauth.* /home/[^/]*/.serverauth.* /home/[^/]*/.Xauthority.* COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rhev_agentd_consolehelper(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) rhev_agentd_consolehelper 14-06-10 rhev_agentd_consolehelper_selinux(8)