Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meta Devices ( Metadb )
Operating Systems Solaris Meta Devices ( Metadb ) Post 302483693 by mrwolfer1 on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 05:56:45 AM
Old 12-28-2010
Hello mate,
Please give us #metastat -p
..and tell me what disks you want to stripe across on what controllers..
ta

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Meta Devices

I have added a sun storage array from a faiulty server onto a new server and copied the md.conf files etc. I can now access the /dev/md/dsk file systems, but I want to delete some metadevices that do not exist (it still thinks the 0 and 1 (root /var /export) disk are mirrored. How do I do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

3. Solaris

help on metadb

Hi All, Please help me on metastat and metadb. I don't where do start on doing queries on all these solaris 8 disk. Give me an idea and I will do the rest? What's the command for verifying raid 1 or 5? Verify what's the adapter (scsi or san)? Thanks in advance, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris with metadb

Hi All, If solaris has metadb services on the disk, it means that it has a HW raid controller. Or what. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metadb errors

Hi All. Been out of Unix admin work for about 10 years and I just took over a new position... seeing the 'use metadb to delete databases which are broken message' on reboot. The system comes up but I'm not sure what's on this disk that's failing... metadb -i shows: excalibur# metadb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating MetaDB

I'm trying create metadb's. I'm telling them to live on mounted partitions. Is this acceptable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Meta Devices and Mirroring

So I decided to set up Metadevices with Mirroring. When I patch, is it possible just to break the mirror, patch, Reboot. If all is well, then restore the mirror and resync? Is metadevices equipped to resync like that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating metadb

hi all , i need please help with this command i tried to create a metadb in live system , i got this message metadb: fintest: c0t0d0s7: overlaps with c0t0d0s0 which is mounted as '/' any idea of who to do the creation with such problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Metadb

Hi, I have inherited a system with two disks mirrored, and only 1 metadb on each, I have deleted the db on c1t1 and recreated 3 which is fine. But when it comes to c1t0, the metadb -d /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 doesnt removed the existing db and the create metadb -a -f -c3 /dev/dsk/c1t0dos5 wont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard.tarlton
0 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
aac* at pci? dev ? function ? ld* at aac? unit ? DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI and SATA RAID controllers. These controllers support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, and volume sets. They have four channels in the add-in version or 1-2 channels in the motherboard integrated version, and are most often found rebadged by Dell, Hewlett-Packard or IBM. Supported controllers include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 3405 o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 320/DC o Dell CERC SATA RAID 1.5/6ch o HP NetRAID 4M o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o IBM ServeRAID 8k Access to RAID containers is available via the ld device driver. Individual drives cannot be accessed unless they are part of a container or volume set, and non-fixed disks cannot be accessed. Containers can be configured by using the on-board BIOS utility of the card. DIAGNOSTICS
The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console. SEE ALSO
intro(4), ld(4) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6, and was based on the FreeBSD driver of the same name. BUGS
This driver is not compatible with controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. BSD
February 19, 2011 BSD