Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Meta Devices ( Metadb )
Operating Systems Solaris Meta Devices ( Metadb ) Post 302483674 by jegaraman on Tuesday 28th of December 2010 04:50:21 AM
Old 12-28-2010
Meta Devices ( Metadb )

Hi All,

I have two disks which has been configured for RAID 1 Already.

I am adding more 6 disks in the system and I am configuring RAID 1 for all.

So in this case should , how should i create a metadb .

Thanks and Regards
Rj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Meta Devices

I have added a sun storage array from a faiulty server onto a new server and copied the md.conf files etc. I can now access the /dev/md/dsk file systems, but I want to delete some metadevices that do not exist (it still thinks the 0 and 1 (root /var /export) disk are mirrored. How do I do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzmosiz
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

3. Solaris

help on metadb

Hi All, Please help me on metastat and metadb. I don't where do start on doing queries on all these solaris 8 disk. Give me an idea and I will do the rest? What's the command for verifying raid 1 or 5? Verify what's the adapter (scsi or san)? Thanks in advance, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris with metadb

Hi All, If solaris has metadb services on the disk, it means that it has a HW raid controller. Or what. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

metadb errors

Hi All. Been out of Unix admin work for about 10 years and I just took over a new position... seeing the 'use metadb to delete databases which are broken message' on reboot. The system comes up but I'm not sure what's on this disk that's failing... metadb -i shows: excalibur# metadb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating MetaDB

I'm trying create metadb's. I'm telling them to live on mounted partitions. Is this acceptable? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Meta Devices and Mirroring

So I decided to set up Metadevices with Mirroring. When I patch, is it possible just to break the mirror, patch, Reboot. If all is well, then restore the mirror and resync? Is metadevices equipped to resync like that? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create metadb with zpool in Solaris 11

Hi, my root pool is as follows. How can I create a metadb if I want to create SVM volumes? zpool status pool: rpool1 state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0 c4t1d0s0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating metadb

hi all , i need please help with this command i tried to create a metadb in live system , i got this message metadb: fintest: c0t0d0s7: overlaps with c0t0d0s0 which is mounted as '/' any idea of who to do the creation with such problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Metadb

Hi, I have inherited a system with two disks mirrored, and only 1 metadb on each, I have deleted the db on c1t1 and recreated 3 which is fine. But when it comes to c1t0, the metadb -d /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 doesnt removed the existing db and the create metadb -a -f -c3 /dev/dsk/c1t0dos5 wont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: richard.tarlton
0 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI Logic & Dell MegaRAID SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
mfi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The mfi driver provides support for the MegaRAID SAS family of RAID controllers, including: - Dell PERC 5/e, PERC 5/i, PERC 6/e, PERC 6/i - Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E - LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8208XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8300XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8408E, MegaRAID SAS 8480E, MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2, MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i - IBM ServeRAID M1015, ServeRAID M5014 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50 and RAID 60 using either SAS or SATA II drives. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration is done through the controllers' BIOSes. mfi supports monitoring of the logical disks in the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. EVENTS
The mfi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a logical drive in the controller is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
March 22, 2012 BSD