Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls command not to show specific file Post 302483460 by dashing201 on Monday 27th of December 2010 07:43:58 AM
Old 12-27-2010
Computer

Thanks R0H0N Smilie

ls *abc* | grep -v "*.gz"
This is working perfect. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would I make a find command NOT show the path of a file?

When I do find . -name "*.txt" -size +0 -exec ls {} \; I get something like ./lpi_stdout.txt ./lpi_stderr.txt What would I need to do or pipe it into to strip off those first two characters so I just get lpi_stdout.txt lpi_stderr.txt ? Thanks for the help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run command against multiple specific value in one file

Hi all, I am trying to create a shell script from solaris 10 server to run a command into multiple specific value in one file. The command is related to Oracle/Sun JES2005Q4 directory server. #this is the command, #from path /jes/ds/slapd-rldap1 ./ns-inactivate.pl -h mldap1 -p 389 -D... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Execute command from specific column in file

Hi Unix Experts,Team I have a file (say comand_file.prm), The file has a command specified in column 6 (say "./execute_script.sh"). I want to execute this command in my script. I am writing a KSH script to achieve this. Could you please assist me with this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there command to show the fs on a directory?

On Solaris, is there a command which can show the file system of a specific directory? In a script, i need to figure out whether a directory or its parent directory is mounted as "NFS". Is there a easy way to figure it out? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Show complete command on command line when we use 'ps'

Hi, When I query using ps -ef, the complete command is not displayed and is truncated. Can you please tell me a method to resolve this ? I have tried the below. ps -ef | cat ps -ef | grep imp >/tmp/t1.txt /usr/ucb/ps -auxw pargs <pid> /usr/ucb/ps -aefyl | grep imp Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get specific information from text file or command output

Hello, I would need some help, :wall: on a linux script, I am not sure how can I separate some text file, Text file contains something similar to this: share "userhome_e" "/fs1_100g/FILE58/userhome" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=FILE58 share "bu share"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get the "history" command to show all that is in the .bash_history file?

I am using the bash shell. When I view my recent command history using the "history" command from the prompt, it only shows me the commands starting at #928. The commands I need are earlier than that, but I can't figure out how to make the other 927 display. They are in my .bash_history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies
MONGOFILES(1)							  Mongo Database						     MONGOFILES(1)

NAME
mongofiles - a simple GridFS interface SYNOPSIS
mongofiles [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongofiles is used to list, get, and insert files in the database. EXAMPLES
mongofiles list lists files in test.fs.files mongofiles put README.txt inserts the file README.txt into the collection test.fs.files mongofiles get photo.jpg retrieves photo.jpg from test.fs.files and saves it locally OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST mongo host to which to connect -d, --db DB database to use (default DB=test) -c, --collection COLLECTION (default COLLECTION=fs.files) collection to use --command [list|search|put|get] execute a command --file FILE filename for get or put list list all files. takes an optional filename. the file has to start with the filename search search all files for something that contains the string COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOFILES(1)