Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disconnect scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disconnect scripts Post 302483266 by slak0 on Friday 24th of December 2010 11:37:02 PM
Old 12-25-2010
[SOLVED] Disconnect scripts

I ran a test using ip-down in /etc/ppp. I have problems with system beep and the system flipping my sound device cards via whimsy so have not used a beep to alert me when the connection gets lost but I was able to write to a file immediately when I switched off my 56K modem. Now I will try to add an alarm sound. I should try using the disconnect script but maybe later.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect over ssh, start something, disconnect

i'm connecting with ssh from a windows pc to a linux system. i want to start e.g. a download and close my session afterwards. how do i do this without killing the download? thx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Force user to disconnect if no activity

Does anybody know how to force a user to automatically logoff a UNIX session if there is no keyboard activity for a period of time? We use COBOL and there is a BEFORE TIME option on the ACCEPT command, however, we do not want to change the many programs we have to detect this. What we really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkN
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

after server disconnect ftp tranfer......

Hi, I have a problem for ftp file to server. If the server due to some reason (such as unstable) and disconnect my ftp script. Can the ftp keep automatic retry to connect? If yes, the files can be keep sending to host without duplicate? HOST=hostname USER=happyv PASSWD=happyv exec 4>&1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible..when ftp session disconnect and it can automatic run again?

Hi, Is is possible when ftp script disconnect by remote server and it can restart to tranfer (such as restart in 10 mins, etc)? Please help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

vpn connect/disconnect shell script

Hi I am not so good in scripting..trying ot learn it...need guidance of the experts in shell scripting.. Let me explain the scenario first.. a server MX1 is connected to another server MX2 through vpn..every 5 minute a script runs to test vpn connectivity between the 2 servers.when the vpn... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: renuka
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In real time - what user connects or disconnect

Write a tool that will be displayed in real time, what user connects or disconnects from a system that uses this tool :)) Maybe anyone can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titasas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to disconnect telnet prompt with port no in script.

Hi Gurus, I am trying to write a script for checking the status of linux servers by connecting via telnet with port no but to terminate i have to manually type "quit" .how can i terminate the telnet session in script itself.For E.g ========================================= telnet ipaddress... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
3 Replies

8. Linux

Received disconnect from IP address: too many failed userauth_requests

Hi i am getting below error when doing ssh to the destination server. Please assist (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect once db disconnect after all execution

Hi All, Please see the below code. it is working fine when in 'test_file' have only one emplid. test_file contains only emplid and date, like below ... 0000221|1/12/2003 0000223|1/1/1996 Problem :- when test_file contains more then one records(emplids) it is not giving any errors... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the execution of a script on SFTP Disconnect

Hi Guys, I suspect what I'm trying to do isn't possible, but I'm hoping someone can either confirm this or point me in the right direction. We have a third-party application which transfers a collection of files to our SFTP server ( Ubuntu 12.04 with OpenSSH ) . Once the app disconnects, we... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesdrinkwater
13 Replies
sndconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      sndconfig(8)

NAME
sndconfig - configure sound card for use with Linux kernel modules SYNOPSIS
sndconfig {--help,--noprobe,--noautoconfig} DESCRIPTION
sndconfig sets up the necessary configuration files to use a sound card on a Red Hat system. If PnP support is compiled in, by default snd- config will do an initial probe for PnP sound cards using the pnpdump utility. If the --noprobe option is given this step will be skipped. The user will be notified if any cards were found. Otherwise the user must pick the card type from a menu. Then the user must choose the I/O port, IRQ, and DMA settings for the sound card. These must be known ahead of time and depend upon the jumper settings of the sound card. For PnP cards, the program will determine settings for the card; if the --noautoconfig option is given the user can choose the val- ues which will be programmed into the PnP device. There is no guarantee that the values entered do not conflict with an existing non-PnP or PnP device. The user must make sure these types of conflicts do not occur. OPTIONS --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. --noprobe No probe will be made for PnP cards, and the PnP configuration files will not be changed. --noautoconfig No autoconfiguration of PnP cards will be done; the user will be prompted for settings. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/soundcard Stores current settings /etc/modules.conf Stores sound module configuration /etc/isapnp.conf Stores PnP configuration SEE ALSO
isapnp(1), pnpdump(1) Wed Aug 19 1998 sndconfig(8)