Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chromium flashes and crashes
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Chromium flashes and crashes Post 302483147 by Druonysus on Friday 24th of December 2010 02:59:09 AM
Old 12-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g
you can use zypper to update it once you know the name of the package. Try this:

Code:
rpm -qa | egrep -i 'mono|moon'

and try to reinstall the packages associated with that.

Also, I would try this: (I thought better of myself)

Code:
updatedb
locate libmoonloaderxpi

then when you find out where that file is located do this:

Code:
rpm -qf <path to libmoonloaderxpi >

then you know what package to remove or update.
all the suggested commands produced no output with the exeption of "rpm -qa | egrep -i 'mono|moon'" but it only produced things relating to mono and nothing with moon in the output. I have been looking for a fix for this for several days and today I finally got a fix. I ran a zypper up and it updated chromium again. So, once zypper up was done I started chromium from the command-line and it works flawlessly.... I hope it stays this way. Thanks for the help with this. Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Explorer flashes off

Hi, What must have happen to my internet explorer that flashes whenever it want to load. The page after trying to load would just logout. I have tried to reset most of the setting on the properties but all to no avail. Can someone pls assist. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Server crashes when not in use.

Production server crashes when there is no traffic on it. Can only recover by going to ALOM and reboot the server. This seems to happen about the same time every month. The only good thing is the server is not in production at the time of the crash. I have been unable to locate any information in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

7z crashes system

Can someone tell my why every time I try to use 7z it freezes my system? I can't move my mouse, I can't type, I can't kill my xsession. I then restart my system and everything returns to normal. When I try to use 7z my system again freezes. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

chromium

I would just like to point out that for the past 1/2 monts i'm unable to edit post or if i post in regular mode i get double post using chromium browser. Can someone confirm or deny this. I'm using : chromium 18.0.1025.151 (Developer Build 85dfed9 Linux) Debian wheezy/sid Regards Peasant. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below program is crashing? and where exactly it is crashing. What is the corrective measure to be taken to make it work fine? #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class CString { char* m_data; public: CString() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies
PMDARPM(1)						      General Commands Manual							PMDARPM(1)

NAME
pmdarpm - RPM packages performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/pmdarpm [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-r path] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdarpm is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics reflecting the state of the RPM package database managed by rpm(1). The rpm PMDA exports metrics that describe each package installed on a system, as well as some cumulative totals. When the RPM database changes the PMDA automatically detects this and uses a background thread to asynchronously refresh its values. A brief description of the pmdarpm command line options follows: -C Verify the package iteration code by scanning the RPM database once, then exiting. Only useful for problem diagnosis and testing. -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named rpm.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdarpm is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -r Specify an alternate path to the RPM database (default is /var/lib/rpm/Packages). -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the rpm performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Remove pmdarpm is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdarpm $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/help default help text file for the rpm metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Install installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rpm.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdarpm PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDARPM(1)