Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File permission check in SFTP mode Post 302482903 by ravin on Wednesday 22nd of December 2010 11:47:20 PM
Old 12-23-2010
Thanks for the reply..

This is to check if the user doesnt have write permission on a file, then he shouldnt be able to get the file.

anyways will check the above code and provide you an update

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file whether it is in binay mode or not while doing ftp??

Hi, One bank statement file should be loaded into some tables by using a concurrent program. But if the file is transfered in binary mode i am getting some special characters in the file which is unexpected. so, for that while moving that file data into tables i want to write a script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateesh.d
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp - permission setting check

Hello, I am doing a transfer of a file from one HP-UX ( umask : 033 ) server to another HP-UX server ( umask : 033 ) and file got transferred sucessfully. However I could see the file permission gets changed at the receiving end. Would like to know the reason for that? Details below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP file transfer mode question

I am having trouble viewing a file in ASCII after doing a 'get' using SFTP. It appears to have come across as machine language. Does the file have to be in ASCII format prior to the 'get' or is there a way to convert it to ascii after I get it onto my server? I have read where the secure file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for file existence on remote machine using sftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to shell script.Can any one please help me on the below requirement I need to check whether the file (called 3Com_Files_Delivered.txt) exists on the remote mechaine or not? if so i need to copy all the files from there to my local mechaine.Especially i am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasimha123
7 Replies

5. Ubuntu

I want to upload file on remote machine in noninteractive mode through SFTP

Hi All, I want to upload file through SFTP in non interactive mode on remote server. please tell me what will have to do in oreder to do SFTP . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kulbhushan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP check if file exists

I lookifn for a way to SFTP a file based on the presence of a flag file . The logic is some thing like this in shelling terms IF ]; then download file.DDMM.dat FI The above is just the way of interpreting the logic. Just want to add that i do not have SSh access to the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpsnook
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for file size and then sftp

noted down (44 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
44 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for file permission

Hi, I have an array that has several directory paths and file paths. I use a for loop to traverse through the array and check for files and not directories using the if condition. I wish to display all files that have permissions lesser than what the user has specified. For example: ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SFTP file check through a remote host

Hi all, posting my first time, hope not breaking posting rules with it, if yes, let me know. I'm trying to build a script to check a file in an sftp server through a remote server. The intention is to check the file in a sftp host, and if the file is found or not, it should send an email.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrShinyPants
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to set file transfer in binary mode in SFTP using Expect?

The below is my script. /usr/bin/expect<<EOD spawn /usr/bin/sftp -o Port=$PORT $USER@$HOST expect "sftp>" expect "password:" set timout 15 send "$password\r" expect "sftp>" send "lcd $remotedir\r" expect "sftp>" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anilsaggu9
1 Replies
DEBUGFS_CREATE_U8(9)					      The debugfs filesystem					      DEBUGFS_CREATE_U8(9)

NAME
debugfs_create_u8 - create a debugfs file that is used to read and write an unsigned 8-bit value SYNOPSIS
struct dentry * debugfs_create_u8(const char * name, umode_t mode, struct dentry * parent, u8 * value); ARGUMENTS
name a pointer to a string containing the name of the file to create. mode the permission that the file should have parent a pointer to the parent dentry for this file. This should be a directory dentry if set. If this parameter is NULL, then the file will be created in the root of the debugfs filesystem. value a pointer to the variable that the file should read to and write from. DESCRIPTION
This function creates a file in debugfs with the given name that contains the value of the variable value. If the mode variable is so set, it can be read from, and written to. This function will return a pointer to a dentry if it succeeds. This pointer must be passed to the debugfs_remove function when the file is to be removed (no automatic cleanup happens if your module is unloaded, you are responsible here.) If an error occurs, NULL will be returned. If debugfs is not enabled in the kernel, the value -ENODEV will be returned. It is not wise to check for this value, but rather, check for NULL or !NULL instead as to eliminate the need for #ifdef in the calling code. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 DEBUGFS_CREATE_U8(9)