Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that "should work" it's not working. Post 302482507 by lamachejo on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 05:47:47 PM
Old 12-21-2010
Wow, I sure am grateful for your help, thanks! I'm gonna try it out and study how it works, thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

variables don't work for inline "su" script

My first post here... I cannot get variables to work when using inline KSH commands on a "su" command. I have a KSH script, below, that produces my problem: #!/usr/bin/ksh su <user_id> <<-END export FLD1=`echo $PWD` pwd echo $FLD1 echo TEST echo $PWD END The script will prompt me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joekreif
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" command is not working in shell script

Hi All, I am not much strong in shell scripting... I am using sed command in my script to find and replace a string....... This is how script looks : ############# #!/usr/bin/ksh CONFIG_FILE=iom_test.txt FIND=`echo "NIS_FTP_SERVER1=123.456.iom.com"` REPLACE=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script does not work when written as "one-liner"

In my quest to solve a bigger problem (See my previous post called "Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar" - sorry, not allowed to post urls until I have > 5 posts) I'm trying to get my head round awk, but have some problem figuring out why the following script does work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: "mkdir -p" doesn't work with var(cat x)

Hello, :) I've an issue with the creation of a directory, All work without it :mad: So, below, my scripts with the debug output : #!/bin/bash # PATHS HOME_BACKUP="/home/backup" HOME_SCRIPT="/home/scripts/test/backup_server" TARGET="/var/www" # DATE DATE_Ymd=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate "touch" bash script not working.

#!/bin/bash -i SAVEIFS=$IFS IFS=$"\n\b" picc=$* if ; then echo $TDATE if ; then touch dummy touch -t "tdate" dummy touch -r "dummy" "$picc" else echo -e "No mod date value to apply. If there is one in your shell,\ninvoke \eStarted asking advice on this (on Linuxquestions.org).... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamwrong
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PLEE-THE-BEAR(6)						   Games Manual 						  PLEE-THE-BEAR(6)

NAME
plee-the-bear -- 2D platform game SYNOPSIS
plee-the-bear DESCRIPTION
Plee the Bear is a 2D platform game like those we found on consoles in the beginning of the 90's. The basis of the scenario fit in few lines: Plee the Bear wakes up late one afternoon after dreaming of his earlier years, when he traveled across the world with his belle at his side. Craving an afternoon snack, he sticks his arm in a nearby honey pot -- only to find it empty! Upon discovering that all the pots in his house are empty, Plee thinks of his mischievous son and swears, "I'm gonna find that boy and give him the wallop he deserves." Following honey drops left on the ground, Plee reaches the edge of the forest, and his adventure begins. The current version is a demo. OPTIONS
This program calls running-bear(6) with the options related to the game. See the manual of this program for a list of options. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. PLEE-THE-BEAR(6)