Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delay gnome shutdown/restart
Operating Systems Linux Delay gnome shutdown/restart Post 302482471 by mendez on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 03:05:14 PM
Old 12-21-2010
How can i (s)trace what gnome do when call shutdown, the point is that need to intercept this signal, delay, then execute original signal...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay in mv

Working on AIX 4.3 I have an active exe that accepts files for processing on our RS6000. Day to day i store these files in a secure place and at the end of the day I mv them one by one. After some reading and ofcourse trial and error i figured out that this helps... mv `ls -l |head -l | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
2 Replies

2. Programming

Introducing Delay less then a second.

Hi, I have a doubt in introducing a delay in the programs. We know that we do have a sleep() function/api using which we can bring a delay in terms of seconds. A minimum delay can be atleast 1 second. Now I'm bothered about how to introduce a delay that is just less than a second. Like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Restart/Shutdown the Solaris from SC>

Hi Experts, I am running solris 9. Sun-Fire 880. How do i shutdowon the whole server using ALOM i.e sc> console. If the server is down or somehow hang How do i Restart from sc> //purple (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown to a Halt and restart

I've got critical patching this weekend on 6 HP UX machines, back to back and the customer has requested to shutdown, and halt the machines and to bring it up at a later period. The thing is the servers are located offshore and we are just the support team. I have a special login thru a console... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay with Wget

I have a list of URLs that I need to download in a file. I know I can use the -i option to load the URLs from the file, but how can I make Wget wait a couple secs between each URL download? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop without a delay

Hi, I am trying to understand what would happen if ther is a loop without any delay like sleep statement, I feel that would add a lot of load onto the CPU. Trying to understand how the load is reduced by the introduction of sleep(). Thanks and regards Zulfi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
3 Replies
killall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       killall(1M)

NAME
killall - kill all active processes SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/killall [signal] DESCRIPTION
killall is used by shutdown(1M) to kill all active processes not directly related to the shutdown procedure. killall terminates all processes with open files so that the mounted file systems will be unbusied and can be unmounted. killall sends signal (see kill(1)) to the active processes. If no signal is specified, a default of 15 is used. The killall command can be run only by the super-user. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kill(1), ps(1), fuser(1M), shutdown(1M), signal(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 killall(1M)