Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delay gnome shutdown/restart
Operating Systems Linux Delay gnome shutdown/restart Post 302482352 by DGPickett on Tuesday 21st of December 2010 09:27:28 AM
Old 12-21-2010
If you strace the gnome into a file, you might find a point more upstream and effective.

Once you find it, you can create an IPC dialog of some sort to ensure the logout is in the DB.

Otherwise, have a server poll for logged in processes and log when they disappear, from the DB end.

Maybe MySQL has a facility when connections are made and broken that can or does log this.

Last edited by DGPickett; 12-21-2010 at 10:35 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay in mv

Working on AIX 4.3 I have an active exe that accepts files for processing on our RS6000. Day to day i store these files in a secure place and at the end of the day I mv them one by one. After some reading and ofcourse trial and error i figured out that this helps... mv `ls -l |head -l | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
2 Replies

2. Programming

Introducing Delay less then a second.

Hi, I have a doubt in introducing a delay in the programs. We know that we do have a sleep() function/api using which we can bring a delay in terms of seconds. A minimum delay can be atleast 1 second. Now I'm bothered about how to introduce a delay that is just less than a second. Like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Restart/Shutdown the Solaris from SC>

Hi Experts, I am running solris 9. Sun-Fire 880. How do i shutdowon the whole server using ALOM i.e sc> console. If the server is down or somehow hang How do i Restart from sc> //purple (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown to a Halt and restart

I've got critical patching this weekend on 6 HP UX machines, back to back and the customer has requested to shutdown, and halt the machines and to bring it up at a later period. The thing is the servers are located offshore and we are just the support team. I have a special login thru a console... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delay with Wget

I have a list of URLs that I need to download in a file. I know I can use the -i option to load the URLs from the file, but how can I make Wget wait a couple secs between each URL download? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop without a delay

Hi, I am trying to understand what would happen if ther is a loop without any delay like sleep statement, I feel that would add a lot of load onto the CPU. Trying to understand how the load is reduced by the introduction of sleep(). Thanks and regards Zulfi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
3 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)