Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Receiving JPEG packet from camera Post 302481998 by Corona688 on Monday 20th of December 2010 10:41:25 AM
Old 12-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by photon
I am getting all the data as bytes in packets.
Of course you are. Anything chunk of data whatsoever can be represented as 8-bit bytes. But that doesn't mean you're getting only one byte!
Quote:
What ways are there to wright data blocks of bytes?
You already know 2 different ways. The difference is that, instead of using them to write 1 byte, you use them to write more.
Quote:
Maybe 10 bytes a block.
Do you actually know that? Do you know your packets are even all the same size? You shouldn't have to guess -- something, somewhere in your code must know the size of the packet you received, but you're either not keeping that result or not using it...

Unfortunately we can't see your code from here. Please post it.

Quote:
Would this affect the JPEG image size, because all jpg files
have the same size, even when camera sends different size
images.
I certainly hope it would affect the jpeg image size, right now they're only going to be a tiny fraction of the size they should be.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Jpeg to useable Unix Pics

I'm running a Sunblade 1500 with 2 XVR-100 video cards. I have Xinerama runing as well. Desktop is CDE. Can someone help me in converting Jpeg pictures so that I can use them as backdrops? Is there a way to make the picture come on both monitors instead of streaching it across both? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSTheDuck
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jpeg viewer on SunOS 5.8

I was wondering what program can i use instead of mozilla to view a picture on a sun solaris system running SunOS 5.8. To view a pic i'm currently doing it this way: xterm -sb -fn screen-bold -g 60x30+0-0 -title '%s window - pls quit window upon completion ' -e mozilla file:///usr/sailing.JPG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I view a jpeg?

I use gv or ggv to view a .pdf, or .ps file. What will allow me to see a jpeg file? If it matters, I'm using xterm on a PowerBook G4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsstamps
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Receiving the first OSPF packet

I trying to send and receive OSPF packets. I am using RAW Sockets(socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, IPPROTO_OSPF)) to do this. I am successfully able to send an OSPF Hello packet however I am not able to receive a OSPF packet if I have not sent an OSPF packet earlier on the RAW SOCKET. Scenario: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmic_egg
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera Ubuntu

Hi to all Like in the subject, i got the problem with camera ID 0c45:613b Microdia Win2 PC Camera under Ubuntu. When i plug in camera to USB, Ubuntu put in sn9c102 module, but on this site Linux Kernel Driver Database: CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_SONIXJ: SONIX JPEG USB Camera Driver is information that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0z4rt
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using openGL in C

Hi, how to insert JPEG on each side of the cube using OpenGL in C language.. i have a program for cube.. guide me ,,, any answer will valuable.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

makefile to convert .jpeg to .png thumnails

Hello! I'm desperately trying to write a makefile that converts and scales jpeg files to png files in subdirectories I want to use netpbm, so I just need the commands: anytopnm pnmscale pnmtopng For various reasons i want to use a makefile. This is the first time i use the make tool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: henningbaer
1 Replies

8. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming jpeg files

Hi guys im currently trying to write a script which includes rename files and this is the part where i fail i have a list of files eg and i want to rename them so any help really would be appreciated Cheers dunryc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
7 Replies

10. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
JPEGICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)