Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Pointer for class not working that well. Syntax I think. Post 302481789 by Corona688 on Monday 20th of December 2010 12:30:30 AM
Old 12-20-2010
Very very close. You don't use . on pointers, you use ->, so: pconn->query(squery);

What's "output" for, by the way?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop not working - syntax error at line 6: `end of file' unexpected

I have a file called test.dat which contains a b I have written a shell script called test.sh for i in `cat test.dat` do echo $i done When i run this script using sh test.sh I get this message - test.sh: syntax error at line 6: `end of file' unexpected What is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debojyoty
3 Replies

3. Programming

Class Pointer initialization C++

Hello everyone, I have a question, that are the following ways of pointer intialization same ? ClassA *point; point = 0; point = new ClassA; Thanks a load in advance!! Regards, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script check syntax not working ...

Hello i have question that i want check syntax from my script shell with sh -n filename but it's not show something even i have wrong syntax in my file. why can this happened or any other way to check it? i use on header of file : #!/bin/sh thx before :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gochengz
7 Replies

6. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

7. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

8. Programming

Python (seleniumrequests)Class, Constructor, Method Not Working

Newbie question. I created a class: class WP(seleniumrequests.PhantomJS): def __init__(self, wpurl='https://blah.org/download/release-archive/', bwppurl='https://blah.org/plugins/browse/popular/'): self.wp=wpurl ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in AIX but working in UX

MENU_INTRO(){ date="`date`" HOSTNAME="`hostname`" if ; then cols=$2 else cols=2 fi clear now=`date +%A,%B-%d-%Y@%H:%M:%S` echo " -: INFORMIX DBA MENU :- " echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum working but getting syntax error - awk

Hi, I am using the following command to get the sum and it is working correctly but I am getting syntax error as well. # ------------------------------------------------------------------------ # Adding awk command support for SunOS -- use nawk for SunOS #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
3 Replies
sasl_client_new(3SASL)			      Simple Authentication Security Layer Library Functions			    sasl_client_new(3SASL)

NAME
sasl_client_new - create a new client authentication object SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsasl [ library ... ] #include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_client_new(const char *service, const char *serverFQDN, const char *iplocalport, const char *ipremoteport, const sasl_callback_t *prompt_supp, unsigned flags, sasl_conn_t **pconn); DESCRIPTION
Use the sasl_client_new() interface to create a new SASL context. This SASL context will be used for all SASL calls for one connection. The context handles both authentication and the integrity and encryption layers after authentication. PARAMETERS
service The registered name of the service that uses SASL, usually the protocol name, for example, IMAP. serverFQDN The fully qualified domain name of the server, for example, serverhost.cmu.edu. iplocalport The IP and port of the local side of the connection, or NULL. If iplocalport is NULL, mechanisms that require IP address information are disabled. The iplocalport string must be in one of the following formats: o a.b.c.d:port (IPv6) o [e:f:g:h:i:j:k:l]:port (IPv6) o [e:f:g:h:i:j:a.b.c.d]:port (IPv6) o a.b.c.d;port (IPv4) o e:f:g:h:i:j:k:l;port (IPv6) o e:f:g:h:i:j:a.b.c.d;port (IPv6) ipremoteport The IP and port of the remote side of the connection, or NULL. prompt_supp A list of the client interactions supported that are unique to this connection. If this parameter is NULL, the global call- backs specified in sasl_client_init(3SASL) are used. flags Usage flags. For clients, the flag SASL_NEED_PROXY is available. pconn The connection context allocated by the library. The pconn structure is used for all future SASL calls for this connection. RETURN VALUES
sasl_client_new() returns an integer that corresponds to a SASL error code. ERRORS
SASL_OK The call to sasl_client_new() was successful. SASL_NOMECH No mechanishm meets the requested properties. SASL_BADPARAM There is an error in the configuration file or passed parameters. SASL_NOMEM There is not enough memory to complete the operation. All other error codes indicate an error situation that must be handled, or the authentication session should be quit. See sasl_errors(3SASL) for information on SASL error codes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibsasl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sasl_client_init(3SASL), sasl_errors(3SASL), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 27 Aug 2003 sasl_client_new(3SASL)