Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 2.6TB filesystem to be copied or moved to another FS ? Post 302481702 by bakunin on Sunday 19th of December 2010 09:46:35 AM
Old 12-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
1) What is the fastest way to copy or mirror it to another filesystem without shutting down production vg ( oracle is using the filesystem )
I suppose that the mirrorlv soution will be on of the fastest methods and probably the one with the least hassle. I would, being in your place, prefer to go for this solution.

In case this is not possible for whatever reason, here is a suggestion, you will have to fill in some blanks. It assumes that there is (almost) nothing else than the DB-files on the filesystem.

1. Set the database into "hot backup" mode. I don't know exactly how this is done, but every Oracle DBA knows for sure what I'm talking about. Basically this is making the database aware that a file-backup is taken while it is running. The file-backup as such will be considered inconsistent but along with the archive logs taken during the backup it can be made consistent. Oracle has special provisions for doing exactly this built in.

Note that the redo-logs created this way contain more info than normal redo-logs and the rate of logswitches will increase. Your DBA should be able to estimate how big the factor of the increase will be.

2. Take a file-backup from the running database. You can use whatever system means there are: TSM, tar, cp , ....

3. After the backup has finished rotate out the active redo-logs and set the database to normal again.

4. After restoring the copy to some other diskspace start the database and make it consistent by applying the archive-logs taken since the start of the backup-process. The DB then is consistent and equal to the original at the time of the end of the backup process.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Check copied file

Hi all, If i wanted to copy file within different folders or different servers, how do i determine the copied file is absolutely correct :confused: Is it using cmp and chksum command enough? Anyway that i can make further checking? Thanks in advance for reading & anyone who reply the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sudo scp -r – can't get everything copied though

I want to copy a folder and all its contents of ~700GB from a computer to another. I've tried sudo scp -r directory/ admin@host:directory but the result is that the copied folder is about 2GBs smaller than the original. I checked the shell for errors and found some "file doesn't exist" errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJH
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies

6. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
VIRTUOSO-T(1)															     VIRTUOSO-T(1)

NAME
virtuoso-t - OpenLink Virtuoso Opensource Server SYNOPSIS
virtuoso-t [-fcnCbDARwMKrBd] [+foreground] [+configfile arg] [+no-checkpoint] [+checkpoint-only] [+backup-dump] [+crash-dump] [+configfile arg] [+restore-crash-dump] [+wait] [+more arg] [+dumpkeys arg] [+restore-backup arg] [+backup-dirs arg] [+debug] [+pwdold arg] [+pwddba arg] [+pwddav arg] virtuoso-t [+help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the virtuoso-t command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the 'doc' VAD package. virtuoso-t is the OpenLink Virtuoso server OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the 'doc' VAD package. +foreground run in the foreground +configfile use alternate configuration file +no-checkpoint do not checkpoint on startup +checkpoint-only exit as soon as checkpoint on startup is complete +backup-dump dump database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump dump inconsistent database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump-data-ini specify the DB ini to use for reading the data to dump +restore-crash-dump restore from a crash-dump +wait wait for background initialization to complete +mode specify mode options for server startup (onbalr) +dumpkeys specify key id(s) to dump on crash dump (default : all) +restore-backup default backup directories +backup-dirs run in the foreground +debug Show additional debugging info +pwdold Old DBA password +pwddba New DBA password +pwddav New DAV password FILES
/etc/virtuoso/virtuoso.ini The configuration file to control the behaviour of the main instance of virtuoso-t. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by the 'doc' VAD package. 17 April 2013 VIRTUOSO-T(1)