Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian [Lenny] I seem to have broken X... Post 302481645 by KevinGB on Saturday 18th of December 2010 06:41:06 PM
Old 12-18-2010
I found a few posts which said that your 'undefined symbol: GlxInitVisuals2D' problem could be fixed on Gentoo using 'eselect opengl set ati.' It was that which led me to the section at Problems with fglrx - ThinkWiki that I posted above.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken

Ok i am running Linux, or rather was. I can not longer do anything. This was a dns server amoungst other things. It will no longer boot. I have used a startup disk, but how can i recover the OS? I need help and urgently. Please someone thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
3 Replies

2. Debian

Lenny upgrade and my CD-ROM...

I recently upgraded from Etch to Lenny. There were a few hiccoughs, but I was able to sort most of these out myself. There is just one little niggle left that I have no idea how to go about fixing. My CD-ROM now ejects on boot, and will not stay closed. When I boot the system, I notice that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Lenny update problems

Hi everybody! I have a very big problem, I can not make any updates on my debian lenny. I get everytime this errors with apt-get update: Err http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg Connection failed Err http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release.gpg Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magge
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

downgrade sh to 3.1 - debian lenny - how?

Hello, i'd need to downgrade sh to the latest 3.1 version, been trying to pin the version in apt preferences or use aptitude but it doesn't want to work. (Best possible to GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)) Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

5. Debian

not run script firewall (lenny 5.0.4)

startup script displays a message: # /etc/init.d/firewall start Starting firewall: iptables iptables v1.4.2: Can't use -i with OUTPUT Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information. iptables v1.4.2: Can't use -i with OUTPUT not to understand what is wrong in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moskovets
2 Replies

6. Debian

Remotely unlock ssh key (Gnome, Debian Lenny)

Hi, I don't think this is a new problem, but I can't find a solution anywhere, and it's quite annoying: In the office, I have a workstation running Debian Lenny with Gnome, and I've copied my ssh key to some other machines for secure and easy login without havin' to remember all the passwords.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harald
8 Replies

7. Debian

How to install Java in Debian Lenny

Hi all im trying to install Java in Debian lenny with apt-get install but can find the packages...anyone can help me on this one? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ro0t3d
2 Replies

8. Linux

Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All, My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows: dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package> The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies
CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)				      System Manager's Manual				     CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)

NAME
check-selinux-installation -- perform configuration checks in SELinux installation SYNOPSIS
check-selinux-installation DESCRIPTION
check-selinux-installation this command will run scripts to pull in some standard SELinux stuff via dependencies. SEE ALSO
selinux (8), sestatus(8), selinuxenabled (1), postfix-nochroot(8), selinux-config-enforcing(8), selinux-policy-upgrade(8), http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux - More about SELinux Debian install AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ulisses Castro <uss.thebug@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)