Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kernel Panic - Display Freeze/Lockup Post 302481483 by DGPickett on Friday 17th of December 2010 04:30:50 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Many boxes, all using that display? No boxes using other displays?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RH 7.3 Kernel Panic.

I've installed rh 7.3 a fewday ago and I'm trying to boot it and I get this" Kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=options to kernel" ????? What do I do. Thanks. F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel panic

hello :-) I have one problem with my LiLO... I installed PLD Linux on my computer but when it boots, the last thing I can see is: request_module Root fs not mounted VFS: Cannot open root device 03:01 Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01 and the system stops :-( what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. Linux

kernel panic

I have compiled kernel version 2.6.12 in my linux box mandrake 10.1. I have followed www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html instructions. I have copied .config file from /usr/src/linux and lightly modified it (only the processor type) by xconfig. I have compiled the source and modules.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davide71
3 Replies

4. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

5. Linux

kernel panic on RHEL3

hello all, please, help! we suffered out of power today and one of our Linux boxes cannot boot properly: .. hda set_driver_speed_status error 0X04 VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00 ... the only thing that i can do - is boot in the rescue mode. i've already added noinitrd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarGur
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simulating kernel panic

How can a kernel panic be simulated? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

7. SCO

Panic: k_trap; unable to freeze processor

I shutdown my sco 5.0.7 machine about a month and a half ago and upon bringing it back up got the following kernel panic: Panic: k_trap - Kernel mode trap type0x0000000E Unable to freeze processor 2, proceeding.... Cannot dump ?????? pages (I don't remember how many pages it was) Dump not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: powwm
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel 3.0 giving me panic :)

I was very exited to try out new kernel version so i decided to give it a try. http://www.conceivablytech.com/7683/products/linux-torvalds-approves-linux-3-0-rc1 So i downloaded the kernel 3.0-rc1 from The Linux Kernel Archives It was my first kernel compilation everything went smooth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does the kernel panic mean?

Hi, all: How should I obtain the reason of kernel panic? How should I debug the program which result in a kernel panic? What can I get from the panic information? li, kunlun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
3 Replies

10. SCO

Kernel Panic

Hello when i booting my SCO Server I become this Message PLS can anyone help me? Cheers Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cga
1 Replies
boxfit(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							boxfit(6x)

NAME
boxfit - fills space with a gradient of growing boxes or circles. SYNOPSIS
boxfit [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-count int] [-growby int] [-spacing int] [-border int] [-circles | -squares | -random] [-grab] [-peek] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
Packs the screen with growing boxes or circles, colored according to a horizontal or vertical gradient. The objects grow until they touch, then stop. When the screen is full, they shrink away and the process restarts. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -delay microseconds How much of a delay should be introduced between steps of the animation. Default 20000, or about 0.02 seconds. -count int How many boxes or circles to animate simultaneously; default 50. Smaller numbers yield larger boxes/circles. -growby int How many pixels the objects should grow by, each frame. Default 1. -spacing int How many pixels of space should be left between the objects. Default 1. -border int Thickness of the colored border around each object. Default 1. -circles | -squares | -random Draw circles, squares, or choose randomly (the default). -grab Normally it colors the boxes with a horizontal or vertical gradient. If -grab is specified, it will instead load a random image, and color the boxes according to the colors in that image. As the picture fills in, some features of the underlying image may become recognisable. When grabbing images, the image will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details. -peek This option says to briefly show you the underlying image before beginning. The default is not to show the unadulterated image at all. (This only has an effect when -grab is used.) -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org> X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) boxfit(6x)