Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle network services
Special Forums IP Networking Oracle network services Post 302481393 by akhaliq22 on Friday 17th of December 2010 11:14:46 AM
Old 12-17-2010
Error Oracle network services

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine.
-bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49

TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51

Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/export/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

Used EZCONNECT adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=iac-nms01.))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.92.49)(PORT=1521)))
TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
-bash-3.00$
---------------------------------
i have configured listener.ora
-bash-3.00$ more listener.ora
LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = VMSol10)(PORT = 1521))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
)
)
-------------------------------
when a apply this adapters command i didnt find any adapter
-bash-3.00$ adapters

Installed Oracle Net transport protocols are:

Installed Oracle Net naming methods are:

Installed Oracle Advanced Security options are:

-bash-3.00$

Please help me out.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post. Continue here

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long Delay if any with network services

While installing a firewall, I was pinging the interface from SCO 5.0.6 Openserver box, while no response, I hit "DEL" to cancel, but no cancel. Then all of a sudden I get BOO-KOO traffic lights on HUB and Switch.... Then a kernel trap error. System froze... Proceeded with a cold boot. Now I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashvillek5
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6 how do you stop and start the network services? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for network services

OK I am a complete newbie to Unix. We have a Sunfire V890 running SUNOS Release 5.9. The Operating Environment is Solaris 9. I have been tasked with determining whether or not specific network and solaris services are enabled or disabled. If the services are enabled I need to disable them. I'm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coachgt1
12 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I get network services

Hi Is there a cmd in hpux 11 to get the network services the network services must display "Listen" like command netstat -an |grep Listen and display the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix at the same time my request can not use lsof -i command,not to install any extral... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor some of network services

Hi I want to write a script for netflow service because my service doesnt send any packet to netflow walker (server). Although the service is started but it does not send any packet to server until i restart the service I want to write a script in order to restart the service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen1366
7 Replies

6. Debian

How do i correct restart network-services in Debian?

Hello, I would like to do follow steps. Set a static IP-Adress on eth0 (For Testing) Set DHCP on eth0 All steps should be done without a single reboot. /etc/network/interfaces iface eth0 inet static address 192.0.2.7/24 gateway 192.0.2.254How do i perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
3 Replies
netservices(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   netservices(1M)

NAME
netservices - enable or disable network services SYNOPSIS
netservices open netservices limited DESCRIPTION
The netservices command uses the Solaris service management facility, smf(5), to control services that accept over the network from remote clients. When netservices is invoked with the limited command-line argument, all network services except the secure shell daemon, sshd(1M), are either disabled or constrained to respond to local requests only. Invoking netservices with the open command-line argument enables a large set of network services, as in previous releases of Solaris. To customize the configuration set enabled by netservices, use svcadm(1M) to enable or disable individual services. Use svccfg(1M) to set properties that determine whether a service accepts input from remote clients. See the man pages for individual services for the names of service instances and their properties. Note that the netservices command has an interface stability of Obsolete. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), sshd(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Aug 2006 netservices(1M)