Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alias problem with awk command Post 302481390 by Scott on Friday 17th of December 2010 11:12:57 AM
Old 12-17-2010
Sometimes it's easier - and more flexible - creating a function, or a script, instead of using aliases.

But glad it works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias problem

How can I get two commands in one alias? In my exaple it only display the current date. alias two='cal | date' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mattiax
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define an alias with an embeded awk command ??

Hi all, I'm trying to define an alias with an embeded awk command: alias kpipe='kill `psme| grep "ifw -r" | grep -v "grep ifw -r"| awk '{print $2}'`' The problem is that the awk command (awk '{print $2}') contains two ' ..' quotes. So bash assumes that the first awk quote corresponds to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias problem

i'm trying to get the alias alias "sudo su"=`sh script.sh` whats wrong with this and how can i make an alias that has a space in it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create alias with awk command

Good morning I would like kindly to ask you to help me with creation of alias with awk command. alias a="awk {print $1 "| " $2 "| " $3 "| " $4 "| " $5 "| " $6 "| " $7 "| " $8 "| " $13 "| " }" there is some error but I don't find it please explain me what is error and how can be avoid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papa1980
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AWK command problem

How can I write an AWK so it could print some fixed strings and concatenate that with other words from an input file. Also having a string like "go" in the next line in the output file as below: Example: A fixed string like: "Hello my" and the input file is: friend mother father... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybase08
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to alias an awk command with single and double quotes?

Hi, I am trying to write the following command as an alias in my .bashrc file. bjobs -u all | awk '{if (NR > 1) {username++;}}END{{print"\nJOBS BY USER:\n"} for (i in username) {print username,i;}{print"\n Total Jobs=",NR-1,"\n" }}' The command simply puts how many jobs each user is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacekmaciek
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Problem using a top command alias in my profile

Hi- I am newish to the mac osx unix interface. I want to set up top so that it always displays the username. I can use this command to do this: top -ocpu -P ' PID COMMAND %CPU TIME #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT RSHRD RSIZE VSIZE USER' -p '$aaaa ^bbbbbbbbb $cccc $wwwwwww $ee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
1 Replies

8. Linux

mail alias problem

Hi all, well i am configuring backuppc for awhile, anyway my current problem is, i set a smarthost, configured the mail to use our ISP smtp server, and its working successfully thanks to ALLAH, now i want to set an alias for mails( it was working when it was using the local smtp server), so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting problem in awk command

Hi, I have one file with tab delimited values in it. i want to increase the value of 6th field by 2 if value of 3rd field is greater than 2 . The command is working fine but space between the field is getting removed after adding. below is the file and the command Filename: test1.txt ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_agarwalla
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias problem

Please forgive me if this is too stupid a question as I am fairly new to scripting. I have an alias in my .profile (ksh) like this: alias ff='find . -name $1' The idea is to find all files in current dir and all subdir with the name specified in the param passed. So, I issue the command:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
8 Replies
XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					  XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases(3)

NAME
XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases - Free geometry key aliases SYNOPSIS
void XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases (XkbGeometryPtr geom, int first, int count, Bool free_all); ARGUMENTS
- geom geometry in which key aliases should be freed - first first key alias to be freed - count number of key aliases to be freed - free_all True => all key aliases are freed DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of functions to allocate and free subcomponents of a keyboard geometry. Use these functions to create or modify key- board geometries. Note that these functions merely allocate space for the new element(s), and it is up to you to fill in the values explicitly in your code. These allocation functions increase sz_* but never touch num_* (unless there is an allocation failure, in which case they reset both sz_* and num_* to zero). These functions return Success if they succeed, BadAlloc if they are not able to allocate space, or BadValue if a parameter is not as expected. If free_all is True, all aliases in the top level of the specified geometry geom are freed regardless of the value of first or count. Oth- erwise, count aliases in geom are freed beginning with the one specified by first. RETURN VALUES
Success The XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases function returns Success if there are no allocation errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XkbFreeGeomKeyAliases(3)